Post Game Packers Defeat Eagles

How is the passer rating affected when not targeted? ;)
i realize that you asked this question facetiously, but i'll answer it anyway.

currently, aaron rodgers' 2020 stats are 415 attempts, 286 completions, 3395 yards, 36 tds, 4 interceptions
this translates to a passer rating of 118.5

if you remove tonyan's 47 targets, 41 receptions, 497 yards, 8 tds, and zero ints on passes that targeted him, aaron rodgers' passer rating would be 90.9.

so aaron rodgers passer rating when not targeting robert tonyan is 90.9.

I realize Bob has caught 41 of 47 targets, but did I read right recently that he has zero (0) drops?

I realize Bob has caught 41 of 47 targets, but did I read right recently that he has zero (0) drops?
where did you read that? i'm not aware of the number of drops, but the most he could have would be six (if he dropped every target that he did not catch).

here's another stat: "Of the Packers’ 55 plays of 20 yards or more this season, 48 of them have been passes, and of those, Tonyan has accounted for nine. Only Adams (13) has more."

where did you read that? i'm not aware of the number of drops, but the most he could have would be six (if he dropped every target that he did not catch).

here's another stat: "Of the Packers’ 55 plays of 20 yards or more this season, 48 of them have been passes, and of those, Tonyan has accounted for nine. Only Adams (13) has more."
Through the Bears game, according to PFF.
Zero drops

i don't know how they are going to be able to afford it, but they need to get tonyan signed to a new contract / extension soon.

i don't know how they are going to be able to afford it, but they need to get tonyan signed to a new contract / extension soon.
If he’s willing to work with them to make it cap friendly for 2021 then I think they can get something done sooner than later.
I’d hate to see them lose him just as he’s blowing up and all the time/effort they’ve spent developing him

If he’s willing to work with them to make it cap friendly for 2021 then I think they can get something done sooner than later.
I’d hate to see them lose him just as he’s blowing up and all the time/effort they’ve spent developing him
My guess the Packers put the 1st round tender on him for 2021. Then during the 2021 season as it becomes more clear on what a 2022 cap might be like the Packers can then start talking long term deal for him. Right now giving him the 1st round tender would probably be the cheapest route to go for 2021.

I never count on the Packers front office doing the right thing. I've done that before, and they've left me shaking my head. I just know that as we talk about this, Tonyan is one of the best TEs in the league, if stats, and being there when needed for key receptions, are keys. The definitely would be better off having him than a #10 pick, to be honest.

My guess the Packers put the 1st round tender on him for 2021. Then during the 2021 season as it becomes more clear on what a 2022 cap might be like the Packers can then start talking long term deal for him. Right now giving him the 1st round tender would probably be the cheapest route to go for 2021.
The RFA 1st round tender for TE’s in 2020 was $4.66M.
That number for 2021 hasn’t been established yet, so I’m rolling with the 2020 number.
I believe the Packers can structure an extension that would have a lower cap hit than that 2020 number.
Push bigger guarantee hit into 2022 and some into 2023.

TW, don’t give up hope yet!

Back