Post Game GB Defeats Chicago 21-13

Last Year: “We don’t run the ball enough, we always go for the kill shot “

This Year: “we should keep our foot on gas, why are we still running the ball”

Carry on
I think the kill shot reference is out of context. A lot of us wondered about the kill shot on a 3 and 1 and they go deep instead of trying to get the first and continue the drive.

The difference yesterday is that after going up 21-3, mid 3rd quarter, they just totally let off the gas. They had been having a nice rhythm until then and then seemed to go away from what got them there. Again, the kill shot reference is way out of context, imo.

I think the kill shot reference is out of context. A lot of us wondered about the kill shot on a 3 and 1 and they go deep instead of trying to get the first and continue the drive.

The difference yesterday is that after going up 21-3, mid 3rd quarter, they just totally let off the gas. They had been having a nice rhythm until then and then seemed to go away from what got them there. Again, the kill shot reference is way out of context, imo.
Inconsistent play comes from players not matching the scheme in many ways. This is team on offense that runs thru 12 and 17 and if a team takes that away of someone misses an assignment it’s looks disconnected. Difficult to maintain a rhythm with only 2 guys making plays.

As to kill shot, I have no issues going deep on 3rd and 1. You have to break tendencies and also take what the defense gives you. Perfect example the 4th down TD to 17.

Last edited:
The more you watch this team the more apparent it is that the personal on the field does not fit the scheme on both sides of the ball. Some of the inconsistent play comes from that and since there are a lack of playmakers on both sides especially offense it’s difficult to put a team away.

it’s difficult to get a consistent rhythm when Adams is the only guy on offense that you can trust making a play. While Jones can be dynamic he’s inconsistent and his pass pro has a lot to be desired. TE play is pedestrian at best

On defense it’s The Smiths or nothing except in real short spurts. Again personal does not really fit the scheme and that causes lapses

11-3, some house money left to play. Playoffs are all about matchups so hard to tell how deep this team goes. Everyone has flaws and warts.

Enjoy the ride

To your point Pack, I don’t get how Ryan Grant can’t even get active for a game, while they continue to trot out MVS, who is a horrible match for the scheme, and GMo. Grant is not a starting caliber WR really but damn at least he’s played and performed in Kyle S’s system. This team is dying for something/anything from the slot.

Inconsistent play comes from players not matching the scheme in many ways. This is team on offense that runs thru 12 and 17 and if a team takes that away of someone misses an assignment it’s looks disconnected. Difficult to maintain a rhythm with only 2 guys making plays.

As to kill shot, I have no issues going deep on 3rd and 1. You have to brake tendencies and also take what the defense gives you. Perfect example the 4th down TD to 17.

Agreed for the most part but it seemed to be a repetitive thing, going deep on third and short, in the MM latter years. That's where the frustration was but yes, the inconsistency has been at the crux of this years problems. Then again, we just may be watching a team destined for a SB this year. This just may be their identity.

Agreed for the most part but it seemed to be a repetitive thing, going deep on third and short, in the MM latter years. That's where the frustration was but yes, the inconsistency has been at the crux of this years problems. Then again, we just may be watching a team destined for a SB this year. This just may be their identity.

Sometimes perception can become reality. Again it comes down to in many ways what the defense gives you. The old days of pound it on 3rd and 1 or 2 is for the most part over, find the best matchup to get you there.

I don't think this is a team of destiny, its more we are what we are. Without a dominate team in the league one or 2 plays each week are the difference. I don't think there is that much difference between the 1st seed or the 6th seed in the NFC as there may have been in the past. You look back at the 2010 team, Collins or Matthews you could count on, Woodson was a stud, your not going to throw on Shields and Williams for 60 minutes. Rodgers was all world and Jennings, Jones, Driver and Nelson? You don't see that on this team, thats why when it comes to payoff time, playmakers need to make plays and we just don't have enough....not a cop out, happy as hell at 11-3 but payoffs are new season

I don't think there is that much difference between the 1st seed or the 6th seed in the NFC as there may have been in the past.

clearly not. the 5th seed may be better than all of them. but there is a much bigger difference between the 1st seed and the 4th seed.

Made my first ever animated gif. Totally worth it. :D

giphy.gif

Back