Post Game GB Defeats Chicago 21-13

I've learned to ignore a lot of what the talking heads say. Rodgers got in based on coaches and players voting, not on popular vote. That's a significant statement to me. The people he plays against seem to think he's still got it. He's teamed up with Brees and Wilson, who deserve to be there. Who else in the NFC should be there ahead of him?

I see Preston Smith won top votes for NFC OLB with popular vote, but didn't make it on coach and player votes. That's a statement to the opposite of what we see with Rodgers. The people in the game didn't see Preston as that good.

It's a popularity show anyway. My bet is that one of the three NFC QBs selected won't be able to be there because he's going to be in the Super Bowl.
I think we all pretty much agree that Rodgers is not having his best season, but there are things he can still do that no other QB can. To say he's a problem is simply a continued extension of all the rhetoric (but somewhat true) we have been hearing for the last year or so - yes, he's a star QB and has turned into a Diva like just about every other superstar, but to say he's the problem, and then say the team lacks talent around him . . . . . . he's having an off year and the media loves to find fault because those articles get clicked on. Adversity sells.

Signing Jimmy Graham was ordered by Aaron too. Graham and Geronimo getting all these snaps, also demanded by Aaron IMO.

My main problem with Aaron is he DOES NOT do all he can to win. He is a bullshitter, ALL TALK. If Aaron REALLY cared about winning, his footwork would be perfect. His mechanics would be perfect. He would be hitting the open guy.

But he does not do that. ALL TALK.

That's why he can't lead effectively. Guys see Aaron not doing all he can to win, how is Aaron gonna call them out? Aaron sets the EXAMPLE.
I dont know if I should laugh of cry after reading this post.

Get one thing out the way, he is not the defacto GM running around ordering Gute to make personal moves and he is not demanding who gets snaps...are there issue, sure with the offense sure but not demands

What people (most do) need to realize is that hes 36 years old and his skill set is not the same as it was 5 years ogo or even 3. Injuries and wear and tear....Father Time in undefeated. And its not just arm strength, its quick reads, just basic timing, age happens. No at 36 its difficult and almost impossible to be perfect. He is the leader of this team and the face of the franchise, you many not like it but he is.

I don't like some of some of his BS either, no he's not a pro bowl QB either but this team has more issues on offense that Aaron Rodgers mechanics, they are 11-3 with a 36 year old QB...I will take it

Signing Jimmy Graham was ordered by Aaron too. Graham and Geronimo getting all these snaps, also demanded by Aaron IMO.

My main problem with Aaron is he DOES NOT do all he can to win. He is a bullshitter, ALL TALK. If Aaron REALLY cared about winning, his footwork would be perfect. His mechanics would be perfect. He would be hitting the open guy.

But he does not do that. ALL TALK.

That's why he can't lead effectively. Guys see Aaron not doing all he can to win, how is Aaron gonna call them out? Aaron sets the EXAMPLE.
I don't think Rodgers says how much to play guys. I think guys play how they practice. It's clear none of the WR's we have are that great outside of Adams. The fans see a player have one good game or even one good catch and scream how he should play more. I trust the coaching staff to be playing the best guys they can. I doubt ML goes up to AR and says so how much should we play the WR's this week.

I dont know if I should laugh of cry after reading this post.

Get one thing out the way, he is not the defacto GM running around ordering Gute to make personal moves and he is not demanding who gets snaps...are there issue, sure with the offense sure but not demands

What people (most do) need to realize is that hes 36 years old and his skill set is not the same as it was 5 years ogo or even 3. Injuries and wear and tear....Father Time in undefeated. And its not just arm strength, its quick reads, just basic timing, age happens. No at 36 its difficult and almost impossible to be perfect. He is the leader of this team and the face of the franchise, you many not like it but he is.

I don't like some of some of his BS either, no he's not a pro bowl QB either but this team has more issues on offense that Aaron Rodgers mechanics, they are 11-3 with a 36 year old QB...I will take it
As Pack stated, they are 11-3. I think the quick reads and timing has been less crisp this year because of the new offense and he and the receivers may still not be all on the same page - receivers are still not consistently getting open. I agree that he certainly has not played to a Pro Bowl level this season, and he needs to get better about his body language on the field as well if he wants the media to stop being so critical. But then again - he tends to play better when he has a chip on his shoulder with something to prove.

Unless Mahomes is hollering "Come get me" to various and sundry members of the Packer's FO, I'm still thankful that 'we' have Rodgers. :) No, he hasn't been the flashy superstar surrounded by a group of quite elite receivers as he has been during some years in the past, and although I sometimes scare the animals a time or two during a game due to his antics, I'd rather suffer through that than what many teams have put up with in the QB position this year.

If Rodgers could order anyone signed, I'm pretty sure Jared Cook would still be happily scampering around the frozen tundra, and of all people in the country Rodgers probably hated his selection to the Pro Bowl the most. He would know what crap would descend upon his head (understandably).

What does drive me n.u.t.s. is that long meandering cadence we're subjected to far more often than I'd like. Honestly, I could shovel the walk before he finishes it. "Hut, hut, 17, 2, 18, 18, hut, hut, Hut, denver, kokomo, albuquerque, hut, i'm hungry, you suck, hut, hut, Hut" I can't even blame the OL et all for false starts while this is going on. They're probably just asleep and one of them fell over.

gopackgo

Last edited:
Certainly not definitive and just an opinion, but this is what I see

Click bait, beginning with the provocative title, "Packers: Aaron Rodgers is the problem in Green Bay".

• Cowboys, a team that finally wins a game after three bad losses is "suddenly red hot".
  • "He foolishly committed an intentional grounding." Could it be because his arm was hit and he couldn't get enough on it to reach the line?
  • His slightly "off target" throws. Perhaps him placing the ball where the WR gets it or nobody does. It's no secret WRs are not getting a lot of separation on opponents. Three of his 5 WRs were undrafted free agents, which is an amazingly sad fact! Also he has one TE past his prime with the rest being blockers. Can you imagine if the Packers had invested more in offense instead of the over 70% investment in defense in top three rounds the past nine years?
  • "Rodgers threw for just 203 yards and one touchdown." MVS and Gmo make their catch and suddenly Rodgers is over 300 yards and two TDs.
  • "Rodgers decided to make a low-percentage and off-target throw to Tonyan instead of running for what would have been an easy first down." Watch the play again ignoring Aikman commenting on that "open run" he had. There was a safety running laterally with Rodgers one yard inside the first down marker so it was questionable that he picks that one up, so he throws it safe to avoid a turnover.

This is a team that is 11-3 and below average in almost every important statistic. So what's going on? How can we be tied for 2nd best record in all the NFL with statistics like that? Is there any one of you that can honestly say that our D, O or ST are Top 10 and should be at 11-3? We are over-performing in the statistic that matters - wins and losses. They're doing something right. Contrary to popular opinion lately, perhaps Rodgers is a main reason for this.

There are only two important stats where we are Top 10 that I could find - Turnover Differential (#2) and Time of Possession (#8). Rodgers holds the all time record for career INT %. Rodgers holding the ball, throwing the ball away and not taking stupid risks downfield is why he has so few offensively. 14 games in and 2 INTs! While we get frustrated with Rodgers conservative play - myself included - it does contribute to why we are winning. And running out the play clock every time? This does limit the amount of time the D is on the field, and additionally give them rest and explains Time of Possession dominance. Food for thought anyway.

I agree that conservative playcalling is an issue. If you get hot, unless up by three scores comfortably into the fourth quarter, stick with what works until it no longer does. Don't drop into a conservative game. I also agree that we have too many deficiencies to get past the 49ers, Saints, and Seahawks and will have to hope for the best. This Vikings game will be interesting.

Last edited:
Click bait, beginning with the provocative title, "Packers: Aaron Rodgers is the problem in Green Bay".

• Cowboys, a team that finally wins a game after three bad losses is "suddenly red hot".
  • "He foolishly committed an intentional grounding." Could it be because his arm was hit and he couldn't get enough on it to reach the line?
  • His slightly "off target" throws. Perhaps him placing the ball where the WR gets it or nobody does. It's no secret WRs are not getting a lot of separation on opponents. Three of his 5 WRs were undrafted free agents, which is an amazingly sad fact! Also he has one TE past his prime with the rest being blockers. Can you imagine if the Packers had invested more in offense instead of the over 70% investment in defense in top three rounds the past nine years?
  • "Rodgers threw for just 203 yards and one touchdown." MVS and Gmo make their catch and suddenly Rodgers is over 300 yards and two TDs.
  • "Rodgers decided to make a low-percentage and off-target throw to Tonyan instead of running for what would have been an easy first down." Watch the play again ignoring Aikman commenting on that "open run" he had. There was a safety running laterally with Rodgers one yard inside the first down marker so it was questionable that he picks that one up, so he the throws it safe to avoid a turnover.

This is a team that is 11-3 and below average in almost every important statistic. So what's going on? How can we be tied for 2nd best record in all the NFL with statistics like that? Is there any one of you that can honestly say that our D, O or ST are Top 10 and should be at 11-3? We are over-performing in the statistic that matters - wins and losses. They're doing something right. Contrary to popular opinion lately, perhaps Rodgers is a main reason for this.

There are only two important stats where we are Top 10 that I could find - Turnover Differential (#2) and Time of Possession (#8). Rodgers holds the all time record for career INT %. Rodgers holding the ball, throwing the ball away and not taking stupid risks downfield is why he has so few offensively. 14 games in and 2 INTs! While we get frustrated with Rodgers conservative play - myself included - it does contribute to why we are winning. And running out the play clock every time? This does limit the amount of time the D is on the field, and additionally give them rest and explains Time of Possession dominance. Food for thought anyway.

I agree that conservative play is an issue. If you get hot, unless up be three scores comfortably into the fourth quarter, stick with what works until it no longer does. Don't drop into a conservative game. I also agree that we have too many deficiencies to get past the 49ers, Saints, and Seahawks and will have to hope for the best. This Vikings game will be interesting.

Lots of good stuff there!

It's obvious we're only an average running team. We keep being told we don't have decent receivers. Our defense constantly struggles to stop teams from scoring. Our kick return team has been a disaster. Scott is near the bottom in punting net average.

What's left? We have a kicker who's good as gold. We also have a QB that some people want to blame for everything except WWI. The fact is, as Packer fans, we are totally spoiled. We're so used to having a young Favre, and young Rodgers, that we can't seem to look past the fact that they may lose some of the magic they had, but both had a way of finding something special, to make special plays, when needed - after the legs aged, and the arm weakened.

The fact that we have a decent enough running game (17th best in the league) to help make the passing game better, and a QB who seems to make throws that are getting through - to guys not good enough to be in the league - according to some, I'm gonna have to say Rodgers seems to be doing an excellent job under those circumstances because we're scoring enough to win games, and he keeps making those throws when we need them, to keep important drives alive.

Next year, there will be changes, no doubt about it. But, sometimes the changes that look like they might help, are actually not what they seem. When it comes to draft picks, too few actually perform at a level in their first year, that sets the league on fire, and those that do are gone, long before the Packers will pick.

I just hope Rodgers and the receivers continue to improve their on field chemistry. I saw some of it developing in this last game, and it made me smile, because there's nothing better than seeing that trust between players improve like it has.

At the same time, I do understand the frustration. But, if things are that bad, how come we're doing so well? The NFC is not a weak conference. We're either even with, or 2 games up on the AFC in cross conference play.

But, if things are that bad, how come we're doing so well? The NFC is not a weak conference. We're either even with, or 2 games up on the AFC in cross conference play.

I think the #1 reason is there is not a dominate team in the NFC and the difference between the #1 seed and 6th seed is razor thin. Only team close to being called dominate in the AFC is Baltimore. We beat a pedestrian Detroit team by 1 at home, escaped vs a bad Carolina team at home. Just look at some scores around the league, ATL beating NOLA and SF on the road then turn around and lose at home to NOLA. The words "Any Given Sunday" louder this year than any I can remember. I dont think the NFC is weak either, its balanced.

The main thing I see a lot of crybabies try to use is oh the Packers get all the flags from the refs that's why they win.

Back