Post Game GB Defeats Chicago 21-13

Went back and watched the game and these were the main things I saw:

1) Defense actually had a good game plan and played it well for 3 quarters. Played the run very well. Kenny Clark had his best game of the year, IMO. He was a beast in the first half. The last quarter you could see the D was tired. Also, we did start to play a prevent zone in the last quarter.

2) The issue was not playing it safe on our last 4 drives. The issue on the first 3 drives were dropped passes, poor protection, (from o-line and Aaron Jones) and a holding penalty by Bulaga. The last drive was just milking the clock with 2 minutes left. Cannot blame them for running 3 times and making the Bears burn their TO's.

3) Three plays could have blown this game wide open. 1st was the MVS drop, 2nd was AR not running for the 1st down in the 2nd quarter on the Bears 35, and 3rd was Savage dropping possibly a pick 6 or just an INT. (2nd quarter when Bears got the FG on the Packers 20) That is at least 10-14 points for the Packers and -3 points for the Bears. The score could have been 31 to 0 or worse. These are the plays we have to make in the playoffs or we will be done early.

4) ST's played very well. Tyler Ervin has really done a nice job back there so far. If Williams would have just fair caught that punt, it would have been an A grade for the ST's for the day.

5) AR did not have his best day but he also did not have a bad day. Six drops from WR's and one being a TD. Minus the drops Rodgers had a 22-33 day for over 300 yards and 2 TDs. A big difference. He did miss Lewis over the middle for a big gain, he under threw Tonyan over the middle, and did mismanage the clock by throwing over the middle at the end of the half. He can definitely get better at using the RB's underneath and on crossing routes.

After the game, I said this felt like a loss. Now that I went back and watched it was not as bad as I assumed. This team lacks talent and needs to make more plays when it has the chance. The error margin is very thin.

Last edited:
Went back and watched the game and these were the main things I saw:

1) Defense actually had a good game plan and played it well for 3 quarters. Played the run very well. Kenny Clark had his best game of the year, IMO. He was a beast in the first half. The last quarter you could see the D was tired. Also, we did start to play a prevent zone in the last quarter.

2) The issue was not playing it safe on our last 4 drives. The issue on the first 3 drives were dropped passes, poor protection, (from o-line and Aaron Jones) and a holding penalty by Bulaga. The last drive was just milking the clock with 2 minutes left. Cannot blame them for running 3 times and making the Bears burn their TO's.

3) Three plays could have blown this game wide open. 1st was the MVS drop, 2nd was AR not running for the 1st down in the 2nd quarter on the Bears 35, and 3rd was Savage dropping possibly a pick 6 or just an INT. (2nd quarter when Bears got the FG on the Packers 20) That is at least 10-14 points for the Packers and -3 points for the Bears. The score could have been 31 to 0 or worse. These are the plays we have to make in the playoffs or we will be done early.

4) ST's played very well. Tyler Ervin has really done a nice job back there so far. If Williams would have just fair caught that punt, it would have been an A grade for the ST's for the day.

5) AR did not have his best day but he also did not have a bad day. Six drops from WR's and one being a TD. Minus the drops Rodgers had a 22-33 day for over 300 yards and 2 TDs. A big difference. He did miss Lewis over the middle for a big gain, he under threw Tonyan over the middle, and did mismanage the clock by throwing over the middle at the end of the half. He can definitely get better at using the RB's underneath and on crossing routes.

After the game, I said this felt like a loss. Now that I went back and watched it was not as bad as I assumed. This team lacks talent and needs to make more plays when it has the chance. The error margin is very thin.

Great summation. I'm guilty of just blurting instant reaction during game time as it gets frustrating at times, but you're right, it wasn't as bad as I thought either. Thin margin is spot on and Packinatl will echo that. This is how the team operates. They are winning. Not sure much changes this year but these guys are gutting out the wins. I'll take that. Here's to a deep SB run.

Certainly not definitive and just an opinion, but this is what I see

Signing Jimmy Graham was ordered by Aaron too. Graham and Geronimo getting all these snaps, also demanded by Aaron IMO.

My main problem with Aaron is he DOES NOT do all he can to win. He is a bullshitter, ALL TALK. If Aaron REALLY cared about winning, his footwork would be perfect. His mechanics would be perfect. He would be hitting the open guy.

But he does not do that. ALL TALK.

That's why he can't lead effectively. Guys see Aaron not doing all he can to win, how is Aaron gonna call them out? Aaron sets the EXAMPLE.

First they got rid of Ted. Mike got his way. It was Mike's show, and he fell FLAT on his face.

Now, it's Aaron's turn. But I think our winning record is due more to Matt than Aaron.

Rodgers pro bowl selection being pilloried by ESPN experts.

Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

I've learned to ignore a lot of what the talking heads say. Rodgers got in based on coaches and players voting, not on popular vote. That's a significant statement to me. The people he plays against seem to think he's still got it. He's teamed up with Brees and Wilson, who deserve to be there. Who else in the NFC should be there ahead of him?

I see Preston Smith won top votes for NFC OLB with popular vote, but didn't make it on coach and player votes. That's a statement to the opposite of what we see with Rodgers. The people in the game didn't see Preston as that good.

It's a popularity show anyway. My bet is that one of the three NFC QBs selected won't be able to be there because he's going to be in the Super Bowl.

Back