Post Game: Colts beat GB 31-26

Maybe Mike Daniels can be that guy to light the fire? http://madcitysportszone.com/2016/11/06/packers-de-mike-daniels-im-sick-s/

“What the (expletive) are we doing, man?” Daniels shouted. “(I’m) sick of this (expletive).”

Wide receiver Jordy Nelson was asked about the outburst and whether it was a sign that frustration was building within the team.
“That’s a question for (Daniels),” the veteran said.
o_O

This team is so individual.. It's so odd...

This team has no leaders it's just made up of mostly overpaid diva's who show no heart

Jordy has been especially joyless and sour recently. The whole season really. It's very out of character for him.

Here's a fun exercise: think back to 2011 when everyone thought how are they going to keep this offense together? How are they going to pay these WR and Finley? How are they going to make playing time for everyone? Now do the same: of the WR, TE even OL - is it an issue? For anyone? Even the two guys who got paid should probably be making less at this point. Is anyone in that group of current WR, TE and OL much above replacement level? The roster has just fallen off. Talent isn't the only issue but lord it's an issue.

A team with urgency played a team and an organization that hasn't had any urgency in years yesterday. That's all that happened.
Adding to the usual complaints, it is time for us to stop overrating our personnel as well. No Clay exposes a lot of that on defense, and he's now on the wrong side of 30.

I'll hit my dead steed here once more.

Quit blaming the players when the team is a direct reflection of their Coaching. Arrogant, condescending and most of all STAGNANT. Other people are accountable, not me! Uninspired, non-physical and disinterested. How do you let someone bitch slap you in YOUR HOUSE and not rise to the occasion? Yes, they are supposed to be professionals, but when they don't seem prepared to put forth the effort it takes to win each and every Sunday? Well, then it's coaching.
MM isn't the only thing that's wrong, but he will be the first step of the corrective action this organization takes. When that will happen is anybody's guess.

Watching the game yesterday was like being at the dentist.

I'll hit my dead steed here once more.

Quit blaming the players when the team is a direct reflection of their Coaching. Arrogant, condescending and most of all STAGNANT. Other people are accountable, not me! Uninspired, non-physical and disinterested. How do you let someone bitch slap you in YOUR HOUSE and not rise to the occasion? Yes, they are supposed to be professionals, but when they don't seem prepared to put forth the effort it takes to win each and every Sunday? Well, then it's coaching.
MM isn't the only thing that's wrong, but he will be the first step of the corrective action this organization takes. When that will happen is anybody's guess.

Watching the game yesterday was like being at the dentist.

Yes agree it's part coaching... who drafted the lazy bums ? The GM Who's in charge of scouting them etc ? Pro personal director Wolf that's who.

However these "players" are employees of the Green Bay packers under contract to perform. When you and or I don't perform at work we get reprimanded and or fired. The whole don't blame the" players " is hollow .

The overpaid tit babies wanted less practices and more off season time... but bitch about injuries and not being prepared. They whine about the front office/NFL rules and regs but want more protection from long term head injuries and injury ? Can't have your cake and eat it too.

GB issues are the coaching.. the front office and the>> players rolled into one neat pretty package. You don't have to like that but it's a fact that can no longer be ignored.

IMO, this statement by AR at the press conference sums it all up.

Just like multiple people have said on here, there is disfunction everywhere. AR is obviously unhappy with MM and TT and the way they have done things. Of course, AR is an egotistical ass. He can certainly call out other players but he needs to take a hard look in the mirror. We have the BOD who just cares that we are financially stable and refuse to get into the football operations aspect.

As TW stated above, AR might have lost his vision. I agree that he does tend to look for the big play more often then not. He does ignore newer WR's because he has trust issues (and an ego) but there are other things that have happened in the last few years as well.

I have looked at the tapes of 2010-2011 and last years and this years tapes. This is what I have found:

1) WR Talent- I went back and looked at the tapes of games in 2010 and 2011. Our WR's were Greg Jennings (in his prime), Donald Driver (still an 800-1,000 yard WR), James Jones (very solid 3rd WR), and finally Jordy Nelson (Just starting to hit his prime). We had speed and good route runners yes; however, also 4 really good WR's that could not be doubled by defensive corners. Yes, we did do some things differently like have more 4 and 5 WR sets as well as run more slants and routes over the short middle but we still depended on deep routes a lot of the time. These WR's were just better at getting deep and getting open when AR escaped the pocket.

2) Arm Elasticity- Again watching the tapes from 2010-2011 and the last year of crapiness, you can see the difference. AR is not throwing fundamentally sound and over the top like he used to in his prime. He now throws a titch to the side. This may not mean a lot to the average fan or fans that have not coached the QB position before but it makes a huge difference. This has to do with arm elasticity and QB's losing strength and flexibility in their arm. A major reason why AR is not as accurate on certain throws as well as getting the ball out as quickly. Another thing I have noticed is AR refuses to throw into tight windows like he used to in 2010-2011. This could be due to AR not trusting his arm anymore as well as him not trusting his WR group like in 2010-2011.

3. Film Study- Now I have no basis or facts on the film study but a QB can have all the talent in the world and be super athletic but if he does not study film on a consistent basis every week, the offense will suffer. From some of the comments we have seen AR make last year and this year, we can all tell he is not putting in the time on film study anymore. This could be part of the vision issue TW mentioned. So much about the QB position is about timing and looking at all your reads quickly. At times yesterday, AR was not getting thru all of his reads before he ran out of time and had to escape the pocket. Some of that can be on the o-line but a lot of it is on AR. He is not getting thru his reads as quickly as he was in 2010-2011. (that I can tell you) This o-line has been giving AR plenty of time to get thru those reads on a consistent basis. (Maybe Sitton called AR out on this in particular and this was part of the reason Sitton was released)

So there you have it. My analysis of AR's issues and decline in the last year or so.

This is the perfect storm. TT not drafting enough talent at WR, MM not having enough balls to call AR out and get him to fix his fundamentals and leadership, and losing a very good offensive coordinator/QB coach has made the Packer offense what it is. Unfortunately, we get to see its demise and this teams demise in the next few years.

Here's to liquor! br)

A poster on another forum posted this and I think he hit the nail on the head on what is wrong with our offense right now.

"
I'm disappointed that he hasn't adjusted his offense to try to beat what every defense does against us. Tight man with safety's over the top can be beaten at least two ways. One is to establish the running game and move one or both safeties up to try and stop the run. That's the approach he took during the off-season. It still means your receivers have to beat man coverage, but they would not have as much safety help, allowing Rodgers to find the man without safety help.

It doesn't appear that he worked very hard on Plan B. This would be needed if the run game couldn't bring the defense out of its 2 deep shell. Like maybe when one or both of your RBs get hurt and you have to play journeymen at RB, or if you can't run on the team you're playing. Plan B might involve playing stacked receivers on one side and running pick plays to get them open, or spreading 5 fast WRs and making the defense counter by removing their LBs and either putting safeties or back-up CBs on the receivers, or by having a TE that can work the middle between the 2 safeties. Our lack of decent TE talent makes the third option moot, but we very sporadically use either of the first two options. We are usually content with banging our head against 2 deep with 3 WRs, a TE, and a RB, running ISO routes getting smothered by the safeties and praying that someone breaks loose after 6 seconds of holding the ball.

We won't improve our running attack with our RB situation, so that means we need a complete change in our offensive philosophy that I don't think our coach is willing to make because it means the end of the 2014 quick strike attack. My feeling is that AR doesn't really want to change either. We've seen spurts of the dink and dunk, but it's never lasted much more than a half, and they usually revert right back to their preferred offense. In my opinion, this is why we struggle so much to have a complete offensive game. If our coach doesn't recognize what most of the team's fans see, it will be tough for him to go on the win streak he needs to keep from putting his job in jeopardy. "

Back