Post Game: Colts beat GB 31-26

3rd and 6, down 11, in a must score drive and Aaron throws a 40 yard pass down field. Incomplete and punt. That play summed up the entire game. Stupid play calling and zero accountability. I about jumped out of my seat and threw the TV out the window. My kid heard words reserved for rated R movies. Not sure if that was the play call or if AR just played gunslinger on that play but that is when I knew the game was over.

I realize I'd be hailing AR as the GOAT if he connected on that pass but it was extremely low percentage and GB had a little momentum going at the time. Get the 1st down and keep moving the ball.

Was that the one that hit Janis flush in the face mask? Kerplunk! For that matter do they still do football folly videos?

3rd and 6, down 11, in a must score drive and Aaron throws a 40 yard pass down field. Incomplete and punt. That play summed up the entire game. Stupid play calling and zero accountability. I about jumped out of my seat and threw the TV out the window. My kid heard words reserved for rated R movies. Not sure if that was the play call or if AR just played gunslinger on that play but that is when I knew the game was over.

I realize I'd be hailing AR as the GOAT if he connected on that pass but it was extremely low percentage and GB had a little momentum going at the time. Get the 1st down and keep moving the ball.

Your assuming other guys were open. Janis has to make that play. No excuse

Interesting comments. I can't say any of you are wrong. We don't really know. But I do know one thing. You can see it if you rerun the game tape, and see it happening. Aaron does not see his options as well as he should, or he's pressing to insure he gets the big stats on the long pass. Repeatedly, even in short yardage situations, Rodgers overlooked the short route people as if they didn't exist, and opted to throw the long pass, even if it meant he had to overthrow it, or throw it out of bounds. He just plain doesn't seem to have the vision of the field he used to have.

We can offer conjecture on this. One thing is that he only throws the ball to people he trusts. You can play that any way you want. You can say he was under too much pressure. That works well if it was the case. It wasn't. You can say he was on the move, and couldn't see the receiver. Possibly. In a couple of cases. But, as often as it happened yesterday, I'm not buying it.

Did McCarthy say he wants the deep route thrown to keep defenses soft? If he did, there are times that's fine. When the short men are covered. Not when they're wide open! If it was all on Rodgers, he needs to look to team first, not his stats. They don't matter.

Watching the post game interview with McCarthy showed me he doesn't have a clue what's happened with his team. He talks of intensity, yet years ago, he said it wasn't his job to get guys up to play games. That's their job. With no leaders to get them up, this team is like a ship whose engine failed, floundering in a storm.

So, what happens? Someone is going to get cut, or fired, within the next two weeks, and we're all expected to believe that will make all the difference.

I think at one point yesterday our WR were Nelson, Allison and Davis. Our TE was Rodgers and Jackson at RB. Alabama had more talent on offense. Major saracasm but the point still remains this team ok lacks playmakers and overall talent. I know that it falls on McCarthy lap. It's the nature of the NFL. But a few bad drafts, missed picks and the avoidance of free agency has caught up as has age. This team is not young anymore at key positions.

I think at one point yesterday our WR were Nelson, Allison and Davis. Our TE was Rodgers and Jackson at RB. Alabama had more talent on offense. Major saracasm but the point still remains this team ok lacks playmakers and overall talent. I know that it falls on McCarthy lap. It's the nature of the NFL. But a few bad drafts, missed picks and the avoidance of free agency has caught up as has age. This team is not young anymore at key positions.

Which is why i favor a complete FO overhaul, not just the HC. TT can't be trusted to be honest about his own roster any more.

I read talk of organizational disfunction and it's often presented in personal terms, about who has an ego and who is distracted by whatever. I don't chase rabbits down that hole because we have no way of knowing and it's just easy conjecture. But there is disfuncion, and to me it's this: you have a GM with a very conservative philosophy providing the talent to a HC with a different philosophy, who in turn has final say over the final roster. The HC, in turn, employs a DC whose defensive bread and butter is based on employing veteran players who have seen it all to execute his complex defense... but that runs completely counter to the philosophy of the GM. So now you have both a HC and a DC working with a GM who all seem to be at odds about getting and using the talent that works best for their systems and the result is a simplified, poorly coached D and a stagnant O. Oh! And on top of that, the GMs boss is an absentee in all of this because he's more worried about land development and outside-stadium profit streams (and dare I say, setting himself up for a job in the league office?) than fixing the product that's dying on the field.

TT and MM have had tremendous success together and I will be grateful for what they've done, but it's time.

Going back to last season what we see is a team that is mentally weak. This team cannot manage to fight for an entire game. Seems they can only manage to fight hard for about a quarter or less. Two times at home this team has come out and looked like it didn't care. No fire, no motivation, no passion, no intensity to protect your home turf. The Bears probably beat GB if Hoyer hadn't been taken out, and now IND comes in and throws you around. A team come in and punches them in the mouth and they go in the corner and cry for awhile.

GB is not physical. GB players were getting thrown around like rag dolls yesterday by the Colts.

Back to the mentally weak. Ya GB has injuries, so what, lots of teams do. violin(( But that is no excuse to come out and not fight like hell for your team and to defend your turf. Only guy I saw that really fought hard yesterday was Monty.

This team has no fight in it. It doesn't fight for pride, or it's coach. And that's a huge issue. Seems like a bunch of individuals out there doing their singular jobs. Not playing as a team.

We are now over a full calendar year since GB started this collapse with that DEN game. This is not a blip, this is a pattern. I doubt this team has what it takes to make a serious playoff run. GB may still win the division due to MIN and DET having the knack to throw away golden opportunities.

MM/TT are like Blockbuster and Borders Books.. Had a great run that dominated in its time, but has become inflexible and set in its ways. Refusing to admit the old plans don't work anymore and that the NFL has changed.

Time for a rebuild. The longer that transition/rebuild is put off the harder it will be to turn things around. TT is on his way out, we all see it. No need to keep him hanging on just because he has nothing else to do. MM has fallen behind and Arod can't cover for him anymore. He's is making increasingly questionable game planning and coaching decisions that indicate a coach who doesn't understand what is going on anymore, and is too stubborn to admit it. sb(tc(tc(

But wait there's more: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/aaron-rodgers-calls-packers-teammates-053110035.html
That article is titled "Aaron Rodgers calls out Packers teammates after unacceptable loss"

Excuse me Mr Highest Paid Player, but you aren't exactly lighting it up this year.. Quotes like this can't help the locker room:
"I’m not a rah-rah guy, but I’m a focused, enthusiastic player," Rodgers told reporters. "I don’t know what the lack of juice was. I felt that over the entire sideline. We didn’t have the same kind of encouragement we had the last two weeks. We have to look deep in the mirror. That’s not acceptable."

or this:
"I have no idea," Rodgers replied when asked to explain the lack of energy. "I don’t understand it. This is what we get paid to do is to bring it every week. I hope the guys would say they bring it every week."

That first quote is interesting because of the "we didn't have the same kind of encouragement"... That's an odd thing to say..

The second quote sounds very much like "me vs them". He's not talking as the leader of a team, he's talking about himself as an individual and then everyone else. This is so MM, it's not me, it's them. It's not my job to lead it's theirs to lead themselves. I noticed the lack of juice but it's not my job to try and get it back. Umm, no, you get paid the big bucks for a reason. To be a leader. This doesn't sound like a leader at all...

The GB mentality has always been "we're an elite team and this is just a bump in the road".. Well you're 4-4 you have as many wins as the Colts team everyone is making fun of, but none of the intensity. This isn't an elite team, and unless they start fighting to regain that respect (did you see my quote in chat from Erik Walden who was bragging he baited the great Arod?) the season really is lost. Teams don't respect you anymore. What are you gonna do about it?

Back