Post Game: Colts beat GB 31-26

I'm trying to decide what was more embarrassing.Being down 31-13 at home to a bad Colts team.
Or getting back in the game and having a bad Colts just shred the clock on us like that to end the game.

The season isn't over until it's over, but let's call this what it is right now: an oversold team, full of oversold talent and oversold coaches, with a QB either in decline or a self-imposed funk. The franchise's biggest success this year has been the marketing campaign that made so many people believe this team is anything other than an also-ran.

Is there any homer fans that still think this team can still contend? It's clear this team is done. time to blow up the team and start the rebuild. It's like 2004 under Sherman you have a old team that just does not give a crap anymore a coaching staff that is old worn out and predictable and a FO that cares more about keeping aging vets then getting new talent. So it's time for a repeat time to clear out the FO and coaching staff and getting rid of all the old players and start a full on youth movement rebuild. I am all for dumping MM & TT and trading any player we can to get picks to start rebuilding this team. This team is never going to come close to a SB again with the current coaching staff and players.

I think 6-10 is a distinct possibility. The game has passed TT and MM by. Very sad to watch this decline.

thumbsup
The squirrel - Going nuts.

thumbsdown))
The offense - So, remember that gameplan that has worked the past two weeks? Short passes, take what's underneath, be patient? What exactly happened to that?

The defense - Couldn't hold up in the end.

The special teams - Put us in a hole early. Missed FG. KO return for a TD

Well, this is the game where I finally turn on McCarthy.

As Defensewins said, the offensive game plans the past 2 weeks weren't sexy or filled with big plays, but they were effective and moved the chains. This week, for no good reason, Montgomery and Adams pretty much went *poof* for no reason I could fathom; also typical McCarthy/Rodgers playcalling/audibles - Montgomery and Jackson combined for 11 carries-69 yds; even taking away Montgomery's 24 yd burst, you've still got 10-45. Why only 10 runs in a game that was by no mean out of reach untl mid 4th?

The biggest disappointment is one thing I like about MM right away was that he was willing to call out Favre and hold him accountable; yet at this point he seems downright afraid to challenge Rodgers.

I think the talent level is ok/medium, I think that our HC is not putting players in the proper position to maximize their abilities; Zooks STs were disappointing today, but have been league average - sure, it's a tremendous step up from the dumpster fire GB had under Slocum for far too long, but it's relative. Same with Capers - the D has been OK the past few seasons, but a better DC could/would/should get more out of the players.

Time for a new coaching staff; Thompson has shown that he isn't opposed to the bold move, it's probably time for one.

I said it last yr and this....something isn't right with this FB team in the locker room. There is a rift and a bad vibe surrounding it.

MM has not adjusted his off season program to adapt to the new CBA rules and his team drags into camp and struggles. His "coaching" changes fail to correct anything and seem to further the rift in the locker room.

Offensively his mentor was Paul Hackett who is known to be stubborn and set in his ways. MM vision for the franchise were fine 11 yrs ago but they are obviously getting stale.

Do I think TT makes a change ? No I doubt it unless this team collapses and quits in the next 6 weeks.

As for the here and now, your using the same 3 formations with a RB/WR as a feature back and the same 8 pass plays each week. INDY scouted the heck out of it and you saw the results. NOT the answer.

Also to beat Aaron you hit him.. once they sacked him today and nailed him twice he was rattled and off his game.

On defense you can't blitz and miss while playing soft zone. It doesn't work ..never has and won't.

Special teams are bad because your turd HC is matching up personal to cover injuries and poor personal decisions. Look for that to continue.

Let's hit the road and see if we can maybe go 2-1 ?

How, after building offensive momentum for the last couple of games, do you come out and lay an egg of this size at home against an un-challenging opponent?

This loss was all about lack of effort, lack of focus, lack of patience, lack of concentration etc etc.

Back