Passing Game

Passing problem: Aaron Rodgers, Packers have NFL's slowest weapons...
I think we all can see that... Hard to create mismatches when your receivers are so slow...
I see peoples points about Janis and Abbey. But I remain unconvinced that there is not some way to get them involved. I think a majority of their lack of involvement is because of Arods and MM's stubbornness and "trust" issues. Yes it may mean MM has to change his scheme a little. but he doesn't have the WR/TE right now to do what he wants to anyway.

amen.

Passing problem: Aaron Rodgers, Packers have NFL's slowest weapons

I think we all can see that... Hard to create mismatches when your receivers are so slow..

I see peoples points about Janis and Abbey. But I remain unconvinced that there is not some way to get them involved. I think a majority of their lack of involvement is because of Arods and MM's stubbornness and "trust" issues. Yes it may mean MM has to change his scheme a little. but he doesn't have the WR/TE right now to do what he wants to anyway.

No sir, both have issues running routes and understanding the complexity of the system. If your running timing routes with in route adjustment you have to be able understand it 100% of the time. MM and Arod are not the factor here ...being green and needing time is.

CD you can't just "change" the scheme in this kind of O. NE normally cuts people lose that can't get it. TT doesn't like moving on quickly so GB will continue to develop both of them and fit them in a package vs look that they think they can succeed in.

A note turning your 1,000 yard rusher into a scapegoat for a piss poor OL is dumb as hell.... remember Starks before Lacy as a full time starter ?? I do... couldn't stay healthy and looked like crap.

Sorry but this move smells of >.. " we gotta do something" to get people off our hinder rather than " what's wrong with our offense" and "let's fix it"

No sir, both have issues running routes and understanding the complexity of the system. If your running timing routes with in route adjustment you have to be able understand it 100% of the time. ...

i call b.s. as someone else said somewhere else in some other thread, even if you just send janis out on a deep post every play, you're going to eat up a defender and open up some of the underneath routes. nobody is going to just let him run deep without covering him because rodgers can and will throw deep if someone is uncovered. use the tools that you have available to you. that's all i'm sayin.

i call b.s. as someone else said somewhere else in some other thread, even if you just send janis out on a deep post every play, you're going to eat up a defender and open up some of the underneath routes. nobody is going to just let him run deep without covering him because rodgers can and will throw deep if someone is uncovered. use the tools that you have available to you. that's all i'm sayin.

Call BS all you want.... A. Janis catchs with his Body B. This the NFL 99 % of the corners can cover the "just go deep" unless you have elite speed..he doesn't.

They both went late in the draft and were passed on by every other team for a reason... and it wasn't because they all were doing GB a favor.

We can't beat tight man coverage anywhere on the field. Running a go route does not solve the problem

No sir, both have issues running routes and understanding the complexity of the system. If your running timing routes with in route adjustment you have to be able understand it 100% of the time. MM and Arod are not the factor here ...being green and needing time is.

CD you can't just "change" the scheme in this kind of O. NE normally cuts people lose that can't get it. TT doesn't like moving on quickly so GB will continue to develop both of them and fit them in a package vs look that they think they can succeed in.

That may be true. And if so, then MM and TT have combine to doom this offense for the year against any decent DEF. He does not have the players he needs on the field to make his complex scheme work.

That's a pretty depressing thought, because if that's true there is no hope. Looking at another beat the bad teams, but here's a first round playoff exit because you can't handle better DEF type of year.

I said it last year. Not sure that the MM/TT can combine for another SB win since TT doesn't seem to get MM the players he needs. And if you want to stay young then you can't have such a complex scheme it takes 3 years for your young talent to get it. There's a contradiction between what MM wants to do and what TT provides.

Take out the SB year and MM/GB is what 3-6 in the post season? But man can they beat up on a weak division though!

Last edited:
A note turning your 1,000 yard rusher into a scapegoat for a piss poor OL is dumb as hell.... remember Starks before Lacy as a full time starter ?? I do... couldn't stay healthy and looked like crap.

Sorry but this move smells of >.. " we gotta do something" to get people off our hinder rather than " what's wrong with our offense" and "let's fix it"

Part of my frustration with why keep Harris on the sideline. We know Starks isn't an every down every game back. but Lacy isn't effective and he's injured. So why not get a healthy Harris in there while Lacy heals? Don't have to sit Lacy but take more reps off him.

If the answer is because the scheme is too complex and he can't be trusted yet. Then i'm calling for MM or TT to go at the end of the season. That will be 3 guys claiming roster spots that are completely useless to a team desperate for depth to step up and contribute.

Have to disagree Mark with the notion that they are turning Lacy into a scapegoat. Yes, the line is doing a mediocre job, but Starks is the guy getting more production behind that exact same mediocre line. Add in the fact that Lacy can't seem to hold onto the ball the last 3 games, while Starks is holding onto it and you are pretty much forced to make the change. You can't keep telling the team that you will reward good play and keep throwing Lacy out there when he's clearly being outplayed by Starks.

Now, I do agree that you probably can't count on Starks. History suggest he will get injured when he's the feature back. That's why I think Lacy will continue to get a fair amount of snaps.

Call BS all you want.... A. Janis catchs with his Body B. This the NFL 99 % of the corners can cover the "just go deep" unless you have elite speed..he doesn't..

i don't think you get it. they still gotta cover him. someone has to stay with him. that opens up other opportunities. the packers did it for years with schroeder and favre. it's not rocket surgery.

Back