Passing Game

i don't think you get it. they still gotta cover him. someone has to stay with him. that opens up other opportunities. the packers did it for years with schroeder and favre. it's not rocket surgery.

That means someone else has to beat man coverage or find a seam in the zone etc..... were not talking about what other packer teams did here and their talent RB we are talking about this team here and now and that tactic isn't going to work with this bunch. tc(

That means someone else has to beat man coverage or find a seam in the zone etc..... were not talking about what other packer teams did here and their talent RB we are talking about this team here and now and that tactic isn't going to work with this bunch. tc(

I get where both of you are coming from. And both sides have some truth to it. But I think Mark just nailed it. Our other WR's are not good enough to beat man coverage. So even with more WR on the field they are not going to be able to beat man coverage so there really isn't a mismatch being created. The only thing it would do is take a defender away from the blitz. So Arod would just get a few more seconds to run for his life or get sacked....

That's a pretty damning indictment of TT's recent draft and develop skills, and/or MM's ability to utilize what he has...

I think Adams has shown the ability to beat man coverage, but in recent games he's either running lazy or the ankle still bothers him. He's been open running short stuff to the sideline and AR throws wide. Richard Rogers runs lazy. Cobb has gotten himself open often enough only for AR to miss him by a step or two. Jones can go fight for the ball but Aaron needs to put it in harms way and it may not work out. Janis doesn't know what he's doing. Abby probably does but hasn't been given more than 3 opportunities per game in recent weeks. Pressure up the middle, on top of everything, is forcing AR to dance and move off his spot too often.

It's not just one thing, many things are messy right now. We have WR who can do some things, given their age and injuries, and produce but not in the same way we're used to seeing in years past but not allowing that. AR has not been sharp or decisive - it's an on-field leadership thing, he's not showing that he's in control or command, too much dancing and looking and waiting. Plus the OL interior pocket is caving too soon and they also look indecisive in their aggression in the run game. tc(sb(

Passing problem: Aaron Rodgers, Packers have NFL's slowest weapons

I think we all can see that... Hard to create mismatches when your receivers are so slow..

I see peoples points about Janis and Abbey. But I remain unconvinced that there is not some way to get them involved. I think a majority of their lack of involvement is because of Arods and MM's stubbornness and "trust" issues. Yes it may mean MM has to change his scheme a little. but he doesn't have the WR/TE right now to do what he wants to anyway.

I saw an article about our slow WRs on ESPN's website and this doesn't mean diddly. The team with the second slowest WRs is the Patriots. The difference is NE's guys are getting open and ours are not. Hopefully we are working on that right now.

Have to disagree Mark with the notion that they are turning Lacy into a scapegoat. Yes, the line is doing a mediocre job, but Starks is the guy getting more production behind that exact same mediocre line. Add in the fact that Lacy can't seem to hold onto the ball the last 3 games, while Starks is holding onto it and you are pretty much forced to make the change. You can't keep telling the team that you will reward good play and keep throwing Lacy out there when he's clearly being outplayed by Starks.

Now, I do agree that you probably can't count on Starks. History suggest he will get injured when he's the feature back. That's why I think Lacy will continue to get a fair amount of snaps.

Starks is faster than Eddie and this is probably why James looks better. I don't think Eddie is 100% in spite of his declarations otherwise. His participation in this week's practices are still limited. If his groin wasn't bothering him he'd be going full at practice like Starks is.

I saw an article about our slow WRs on ESPN's website and this doesn't mean diddly. The team with the second slowest WRs is the Patriots. The difference is NE's guys are getting open and ours are not. Hopefully we are working on that right now.

The difference is NE has Gronk. And Gb has nobody that the D really has to worry about double teaming. That and GB coaches don't seem to be as good at game planning and scheming.

The difference is NE has Gronk. And Gb has nobody that the D really has to worry about double teaming. That and GB coaches don't seem to be as good at game planning and scheming.

True, but I can't think of another team that has a guy like Gronk that is a match-up nightmare for every team NE faces either. He is a one of kind problem for every team NE faces.

We have to figure out how our guys can get better separation and our line has to do a better job up front so Aaron can have the time to go thru his progressions.

I bet ya I could scheme a few more open looks. My game plan wouldn't involve so many damn deep routes, and would include a lot of passes that are thrown out of three-step drops.

The last few games I've hardly seen any route combinations that are designed to get a guy open enough to throw to.

Difference between straight line speed and quick twitch movements. Janis is our fastest guy but he's slow and not very fluid in and out of breaks. Compare to Amandola and the other guy on the Pats, similar players. Very fast in and out of breaks and Brady is decisive hitting them at the right time. Montgomery has potential that way and so does Adams but it's really hard to do on a bum ankle, which both guys have. Cobb is great at it but now he's drawing extra coverage which no NE receiver has to deal with because of the Gronk monster. Say what you want about Finley, a D had to know where he was. Right now a D coach could come off the sideline and cover R Rodgers, he's a non factor.

I bet ya I could scheme a few more open looks. My game plan wouldn't involve so many damn deep routes, and would include a lot of passes that are thrown out of three-step drops.

The last few games I've hardly seen any route combinations that are designed to get a guy open enough to throw to.

i'm with you on that one. i get what others are saying about not being able to change the scheme at this point in the season. but being stubborn and doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is just bad coaching.

Back