Passing Game

Just got back from vacation last week so haven't read any of the Mile High Massacre fallout, but AR throwing for 77 yards? That's on Aaron Rodgers. WTF? How does that even happen? I know WR have had trouble getting open, that's plain as day, but there are throws to be made to keep the clock and chains moving and he's either not reading the field right or willfully not adjusting.

To play devils advocate for a minute. This may be a situation where Arods chip on the shoulder gets in the way. Manning and Brady both will take anything you give them. A rod seems to look for the big play no matter what and won't take chances at all sometimes. Instead of dink and dunk if that's what is open he spends a lot of time looking down field. A bunch of times in Den lacy was open with his thumb up his rear. But arod was fixated down field.

Manning and Brady even Favre want/wanted #1 to win didn't matter how. Arod has that chip that he wants to be the greatest. That's fine but he sometimes fixates too much on that instead of winning first and letting the rest take care of itself. He is so scared of the turnover he let's that get in the way.

hide)

Just got back from vacation last week so haven't read any of the Mile High Massacre fallout, but AR throwing for 77 yards? That's on Aaron Rodgers. WTF? How does that even happen? I know WR have had trouble getting open, that's plain as day, but there are throws to be made to keep the clock and chains moving and he's either not reading the field right or willfully not adjusting.

There was a video on the Packers' website after the Denver game and our WRs were having a hell of a time getting separation Sunday night so AR literally had no where to go and by the time he decided to run for it the pocket collapsed. It was a perfect storm. :( However, I don't think Carolina's DBs are this good so hopefully AR will throw for more than 77 yards. FCC(

There was a video on the Packers' website after the Denver game and our WRs were having a hell of a time getting separation Sunday night so AR literally had no where to go and by the time he decided to run for it the pocket collapsed. It was a perfect storm. :( However, I don't think Carolina's DBs are this good so hopefully AR will throw for more than 77 yards. FCC(

He passed for more than 77 this week but the end result was the same...another L. 6-2 isn't so bad

He passed for more than 77 this week but the end result was the same...another L. 6-2 isn't so bad

Also, a lot of stats came from garbage time when the CAR defense pulled back.. Up through 3 Q the stats were not that great...

I know QBs get more credit when winning and more blame when losing.....but.

The problem with our offense right now is our OL. Apparently they read their press clippings and believe them. They have had their a** handed to them two weeks in a row. The blitz pick up mistakes and total whiffs (looking at you Kuhn) for pass protection have been horrible. We keep waiting for Lacy to break free, from what?!?! There are few holes and Fast Eddy can't get around a corner anymore. After re watching the game I would like to question the effort our WRs are putting forth, even JJ's big 4th down catch- he jogged down the field, he made a great catch, but he JOGGED DOWN the field! AAAaarrrgggghhh!

I know QBs get more credit when winning and more blame when losing.....but.

The problem with our offense right now is our OL. Apparently they read their press clippings and believe them. They have had their a** handed to them two weeks in a row. The blitz pick up mistakes and total whiffs (looking at you Kuhn) for pass protection have been horrible. We keep waiting for Lacy to break free, from what?!?! There are few holes and Fast Eddy can't get around a corner anymore. After re watching the game I would like to question the effort our WRs are putting forth, even JJ's big 4th down catch- he jogged down the field, he made a great catch, but he JOGGED DOWN the field! AAAaarrrgggghhh!

All valid concerns. this isn't just one thing. And it appears to be a lot of mental issues. Including Arod. But that isn't the only time I've seen a receiver jog downfield. Others have mentioned a lack of urgency and I agree.. Richard Rodgers often doesn't look like he's going full go all the time either.

This team needs a mental reboot.

The problem is . . . I think Richard Rodgers is going full go ;). He's Bubba Franks v2.0. No speed, decent hands, possible end-zone and short yardage threat, but can't outrun most defensive ends. The roughly 4.9 he ran at the combine was not a fluke. Just wish he was as good a blocker as Bubba.

Passing problem: Aaron Rodgers, Packers have NFL's slowest weapons

A study of all 32 teams' top three receivers and No. 1 tight end at this point in the season confirmed that. Using 40 times of every player from their NFL combine test or, if they didn’t run at the combine, their college pro day, the Packers currently have the slowest foursome of top receiving targets in the NFL (see accompanying chart).

I think we all can see that... Hard to create mismatches when your receivers are so slow..

On first down, Rodgers caught a short pass and because he couldn’t accelerate past safety Roman Harper, a 32-year-old safety who is 10 years removed from his 4.5-second 40-yard dash time, he managed just a 2-yard gain.

On third-and-9 after Eddie Lacy was stuffed for a 1-yard loss, the Packers went to their preferred offensive package with three receivers -- Adams and Jones outside with Cobb in the slot -- plus Rodgers and Lacy. Lacy stayed in to help protect against a six-man pass rush, leaving all three receivers and Rodgers single covered with a safety playing deep.
Adams, wide to the right, couldn’t beat Harper on an out-and-up route. Jones, split left, failed to outrun cornerback Josh Norman on a deep post. From the slot left and right, respectively, Cobb ran a crossing route against nickel cornerback Bene Benwikere and Rodgers ran up the seam against cornerback Charles Tillman. Neither was open.

I see peoples points about Janis and Abbey. But I remain unconvinced that there is not some way to get them involved. I think a majority of their lack of involvement is because of Arods and MM's stubbornness and "trust" issues. Yes it may mean MM has to change his scheme a little. but he doesn't have the WR/TE right now to do what he wants to anyway.

Last edited:
Back