Packers final cut down

All of you bitching about Ted better refresh your memory. It was Ted who said in Bob McGinn interview that MM and staff submit the cuts to him each yr. This move is on Mike and his staff more then the front office... Sitton told you above "They wanted to move on with out me they liked who they had. It's MM who talks with each player before they leave.( he didn't hear that from Ted)

Stop coddling the HC of the Green bay Packers and put some heat on his fat butt if you want answers.
Oh, I would be happy to. Especially been sick of McFathead since the Seattle debacle! Isn't that on Ted to put the knothead on the hot seat? Sorry, Mark. The fish always rots from the head down.

Why hasn't McCarthy been taken to task for the constant prevent defense debacles? For not knowing where the clock is at during the end of games? Etc., etc, etc. Oh, I wouldn't mind a change at that position either. But Ted is the one that hired him and lets him skate constantly. It always comes back to the head of the fish. cowboy(

exactly. if we trade him we at least get something in return. if we keep him around this year and he goes away in free agency, we probably get a third round comp pick. but just cutting him like this, we don't get anything at all.

What I find even more confounding is TT couldn't find ANYBODY willing to trade for Sitton! Unless word leaked out that we were gonna cut him if he wasn't traded I find it incredible Ted couldn't find one dance partner. We all know how much Ted values draft picks - even late rounders. sh))

I am beyond shocked. Who will replace him??? That makes no sense.
I'm shocked also. There are thought patterns here that people aren't trying to understand, stop complaining about TT when it's MM who gets to pick his line up. Possibilities: Sitton's back is worse than they let on (the Packers are notorious for little or no information on injuries). He lost some weight this offseason just to be able to practice with it. So maybe it is his body that is the reason he's gone. Who will replace him? God I hope it isn't Barclay! that would be very disappointing. Maybe it's MMs old 'Best 5' scenario and we'll see Spriggs or Bak at LT. Or my favorite conspiracy theory and move Bulaga to LG and Spriggs to RT. These all seem unlikely- as unlikely as cutting Sitton. See where people are lined up at the next practice. Nobody could have guessed how this 53 man roster would look like just 24 hours ago.

What I find even more confounding is TT couldn't find ANYBODY willing to trade for Sitton! Unless word leaked out that we were gonna cut him if he wasn't traded I find it incredible Ted couldn't find one dance partner. We all know how much Ted values draft picks - even late rounders. sh))
There were only 3-4 trades all day...Why because only an idiot pays for the milk when he can get it free.

Oh, I would be happy to. Especially been sick of McFathead since the Seattle debacle! Isn't that on Ted to put the knothead on the hot seat? Sorry, Mark. The fish always rots from the head down.

Why hasn't McCarthy been taken to task for the constant prevent defense debacles? For not knowing where the clock is at during the end of games? Etc., etc, etc. Oh, I wouldn't mind a change at that position either. But Ted is the one that hired him and lets him skate constantly. It always comes back to the head of the fish. cowboy(
You missed the point...the HC and staff made the decision on the 53. TT has said twice(2 interviews) he supports those moves and let's MM deal with it.

The stands are full as our the coffers... he should "deal" with MM why ? The BOD would cut Ted loose why? No incentive for them do so right this minute.

its not entirely a MM decision, it can't be. There is a money/contract aspect to this as well and that's a Ted decision.

You missed the point...the HC and staff made the decision on the 53. TT has said twice(2 interviews) he supports those moves and let's MM deal with it.

The stands are full as our the coffers... he should "deal" with MM why ? The BOD would cut Ted loose why? No incentive for them do so right this minute.
I didn't miss the point. I think McNugget is plenty to blame as well. I went after the HC pretty good in my post. He never stays aggressive and always seems to play not to lose. He loses track where the clock is etc., etc. I don't think McCarthy is a good HC. I think the Packers have done well because of Rodgers, not because of Ted and McCarthy. And please, people, don't post about how 'well, Ted drafted him.' That was a HUGE no-brainer. Favre was getting older and Rodgers was an incredible draft day gift.

These kinds of decisions based on money matters are not about 'making the team better', as TT says. Barclay or Taylor do NOT make the team better! That really tries our intelligence as fans, imo. MM doesn't make his decisions based on money and/or contract status, does he? If he does, no wonder Ted loves him!

As far as the coffers and the stands being full, that will always be the case in Green Bay. Best fans in the world in ANY sport!!! Ah well...playoffs, then one or two and done, I guess. Just a tad frustrated right now. We'll see how it works out.

Last edited:
Back