Packers final cut down

5fec605edeb28fd2ab581388ffd71060.jpg

Why do all these other teams manage to keep their top players and Ted constantly has to make stupid moves like this for 'financial reasons'??? Now watch Schneider grab him for Seattle. They badly need help at the OG position.

Uh, Ted? These OL are protecting the best QB in the league and you are putting an inferior player in there for money purposes? I don't get it...cra) rt(

just when i think i'm beginning to understand ted thompson's way of doing things, he goes and does something really bizarre like this. i'm done trying to understand him. this makes no sense to me at all. but then again, neither does cutting sam barrington just to hold onto joe thomas. or cutting geronimo allison so we can keep experiencing the disappointment of davante adams.

There has to be more to the story, right? How does sitton get cut? Makes no sense. Let him go at the end of the year if you don't want to pay him.

Sitton: “I have no hard feelings whatsoever. They’re comfortable with who they have. They weren’t planning on going forward with me.
More Sitton: "That’s business. I’m sad to leave. Im excited about new opportunities.

The transaction was announced Saturday by Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson.
“We want to thank Josh for his contributions during his time in Green Bay. He has been an important part of the success we have enjoyed on the field,” Thompson said. “While these decisions are never easy, this was done with a focus on what is best for the team and the growth of the offensive line. We wish Josh and his wife, Kristen, all the best in the future.”
Sitton, originally selected by the Packers in the fourth round (135th overall) of the 2008 NFL Draft out of the University of Central Florida, started 112 of 121 regular-season games and all 13 postseason contests he appeared in for Green Bay over the last eight years. During his time with the Packers, he was named to the Pro Bowl three times (2012, ‘14-15) and also selected second-team All-Pro by The Associated Press three times (2013-15).

Read more: http://www.packers.com/news-and-eve...821-83ea-4763-9871-9271ce3a7fbc#ixzz4JEn1goMR

There has to be more to the story, right? How does sitton get cut? Makes no sense. Let him go at the end of the year if you don't want to pay him.

exactly. if we trade him we at least get something in return. if we keep him around this year and he goes away in free agency, we probably get a third round comp pick. but just cutting him like this, we don't get anything at all.

So, they cut one of the top guards in the league and are replacing him with Barclay or Taylor??? Because of contract concerns??? Aaron is going to be running for his life. Beyond stupid to me. This was a great year for a SB run. Why not keep Sitton for that?! oldman(

Ted, please retire already. I can't stand your backwards, 1960 mentality any more. Let Elliot have his shot, since this franchise wasn't smart enough to bring Schneider back when he obviously wanted to come home. At least Wolf, from what I hear, is willing to explore all options for obtaining players.

What do we have on the DL? Experienced ILB's? Good grief...FP(

Have a future HOF QB still in his prime. Do you go out build the best roster you can? No you say screw trying to win another SB with the years my QB has left in his prime. I am going to start rebuilding this team now so it won't be a massive project all it once. I won't provide the best talent to win a Super Bowl right now but so what we will make the playoffs and that will be enough to keep most of the fans happy and more important the BOD.

All of you bitching about Ted better refresh your memory. It was Ted who said in Bob McGinn interview that MM and staff submit the cuts to him each yr. This move is on Mike and his staff more then the front office... Sitton told you above "They wanted to move on with out me they liked who they had. It's MM who talks with each player before they leave.( he didn't hear that from Ted)

Stop coddling the HC of the Green bay Packers and put some heat on his fat butt if you want answers.

Back