Packers final cut down

GBP4EVER

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
2022 Draft Guru
Reaction score
Lets start a thread for the final cuts.

Will be interesting to see who is gone by tomorrow this time.

My guess:

IR: Janis and maybe Davis

Suspended: Pennel and Goodson

PUP: Linsley

Cut: B. Brown, Burkes, Callahan, Robertson, Dorleant, Evans, Gatewood, Gilbert, Kuder, Patrick, Pierce, Ross, Squirewell, Steuck, Thomas, Waters, Whitehead, Williams

I cut a extra guy as I think they will pickup a 3rd RB on waivers. Also Price maybe cut if they find a better DL on waivers. Elliot maybe cut if the team decides to keep either Janis or Davis on the final 53.

Gatewood and Williams have been released.

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with Callahan. :)

It will be interesting to see what they decide to do with Callahan. :)

I would not keep him on the 53 I see no way that he does not make it thru waivers and to the PS. He's way way to green to be on a 53 man roster

I think you pretty much nailed it GBP4. There doesn't seem to be any other scenario that's sensible. Personally, I'd give Goodson his walking papers. He doesn't contribute enough to lose part of it. But that would mean waiting to cut him when his suspension ends. A dead roster spot.

I think you pretty much nailed it GBP4. There doesn't seem to be any other scenario that's sensible. Personally, I'd give Goodson his walking papers. He doesn't contribute enough to lose part of it. But that would mean waiting to cut him when his suspension ends. A dead roster spot.

Does not hurt to keep him those 4 weeks in case a injury happens. If none happens and you don't want him you can just release him once he comes off the suspended list.

Are you saying that the team can't cut him while he is suspended? He screwed up and is hurting the team by not being available. He has't really done anything that would cause me to keep him if I was GM. I honestly don't think he play was that great anyway.

I think it will be a tough decision what to do concerning Callahan. I don't think he would make it through waivers.

I think it will be a tough decision what to do concerning Callahan. I don't think he would make it through waivers.

Not really sure they can afford to cut Callahan at this point. It has nothing to do with me being worried about stashing him on the PS or scooping a team scooping him up but rather that if Hundley isn't healed well enough to play at all then they still need a backup QB for the first few weeks capable of stepping in even if it's only for a series or two much less, god forbid, a game or two.

If Hundley is 100% then sure cut Callahan, but if he isn't, then they pretty much need to keep Callahan on the active roster. You still need at least one backup QB and Hundley with his health is a little bit of a mystery

Back