Packers final cut down

All of you bitching about Ted better refresh your memory. It was Ted who said in Bob McGinn interview that MM and staff submit the cuts to him each yr. This move is on Mike and his staff more then the front office... Sitton told you above "They wanted to move on with out me they liked who they had. It's MM who talks with each player before they leave.( he didn't hear that from Ted)

Stop coddling the HC of the Green bay Packers and put some heat on his fat butt if you want answers.

Hey if that's the case they yes MM should be along side Ted answering why he thought Sitton is not better then what he has behind him.

There's an axiom in football that says that if you have a player rated at 85 today, and is a veteran, about to get big bucks the next time around, or will bolt, and you compare him to a guy who is rated at 75, and you have another guy you can plug and play as a 75 or better in that position down the road, you consider making the play.

In Sitton's case, when Linsley comes back, they could plug Linsley in at center, and move Tretter into the vacated spot which could be temporarily filled by Barclay if you believe the hype on Barclay. It also means you get past some angry cap problems next year. As for Sitton, he may have well decided that it was time to move on and wasn't going to gamble injury this year. That mindset does set in, even if we don't want it to happen.

I've always said our inside linebackers are too slow to do what was asked of them by Capers. You either change their assignments, or look for faster players, who can cover big, fast TEs in the middle. Barrington played on snowshoes. He wasn't untalented, but he wasn't really fast, so that hurt him quite a bit. Long snappers either last for ever or are gone in a heartbeat. Lovato was decent, not all that great. With the longer kick for extra points, there may have been a problem with his snaps. Same on punts.

What I'm trying to figure out is who hits the FA market when Pennel and Goodson come back? Based on the fact I'm not into cheaters, if they did, I wouldn't care, regardless of their talent.

I still think the thoughts people had on who would and wouldn't be cut were well thought out. I think there are factors in a lot of areas that we don't know about that makes things like the Sitton cut happen. Thompson don't always get them right, and neither does McCarthy. That's football. But I will say one thing. All the praise for Barrington and Sitton over the last several months was a smoke screen while the looked for guys who could give them long range upgrades at a position. Blake Martinez - in my opinion - could be the real deal.

Hey if that's the case they yes MM should be along side Ted answering why he thought Sitton is not better then what he has behind him.
It is the case..documented. Hell we talked about it on shout forever and here ya'll are pointing fingers one way again. MM and his staff give the list to Ted. Ted just posts those canned press releases. Do him and Mike talk ? Yes but MM is in the drivers seat at the end of camp.

If there isn't some health issue here, this was inexcusable. Arod is the franchise. Protect him, go to the SB. And if Sitton walks in FA, get a compensatory pick next spring. Now you get nothing. Two devastating blows here with this move.
Sitton better have Ruben Pattersoned here or something outrageous behind the scenes. Or medically he can't play.

GB is carrying a #$#$$% WR with a broken hand on This roster because MM has a hard on for him and 6 safeties for Ron Zook's ST but we cut a pro bowl OL who protects are franchise QB wideeye))cra)

Why do all these other teams manage to keep their top players and Ted constantly has to make stupid moves like this for 'financial reasons'??? Now watch Schneider grab him for Seattle. They badly need help at the OG position.

Uh, Ted? These OL are protecting the best QB in the league and you are putting an inferior player in there for money purposes? I don't get it...cra) rt(
What I don't get is that financially it doesn't affect the team this year does it?

I feel this fits today.

dumbanddumber.jpg

My meds kicked in while I was laying in bed and I came up with a real strong reason why I figured what they did with Sitton now makes a lot of sense. So I got up, and decided to post it out here. First, I had an ice cream cone. Double cherry. Fantastic cone.

Now I forgot what I was going to say!

I have a hunch both Thompson and McCarthy feel that way at times. I wish I could have a 7-7, or maybe a 7-7. Gotta take my meds! br)

So I guess that this means that without the expected protection, Rodgers will be Sitton ?

Last edited:
Back