Pack squeaks out win in KC

Remember the old days when we were always screaming at McCarthy, "Get Aaron Jones involved more!" And it never happened? Well, this game was the halfway point and Jones now has more TDs and almost the same yards (rushing + receiving) as ALL of last year. That makes me happy.

Yeah! And we had a 5+ minute drive to kill the game, starting at our own 2 yard line, handing the ball off a bunch of times to Jones and once to Williams, and then passed the ball on 3rd and five for the kill shot instead of being conservative. Give it up for these 2019 Packers! They're scrappy, they're feisty, they're finding ways to win some games and having fun. Come on now!

When you have a weapon like Rodgers, and your coaches are unpredictable when they should be, it makes it difficult for the other team to sense what's going to happen next. It makes them question their own choices.

When you have a weapon like Rodgers, and your coaches are unpredictable when they should be, it makes it difficult for the other team to sense what's going to happen next. It makes them question their own choices.

and just in case people were questioning whether aaron rodgers still has "it" or whether matt lafleur's offense would be a good fit for aaron rodgers: rodgers has the second highest passing yards in the nfl, and is the only one of the top five with a rating over 100 (106.7) and less than four interceptions (2).

it took him only half a season to get to that point with a whole new offense and while missing his star receiver for half of the games.

The way things are going, the bye week comes at just the right time. Adams will be 100% following the time off, and that's when the Packers head to San Francisco to take on one of the surprise power house teams in the NFL. It could be an important show down game.

Until then? One game at a time.

Re-watched the game. Here are my thoughts:

1st Half

KC's first TD was a great play design to isolate Kelce on a LB. Having said that, it was a huge screw up by Martinez. He did not even cover Kelce hence the easy TD.

Packers 1st possession in the 2nd quarter when we were up 14-7. We were moving the ball again until the protection breakdown on a blitz and they sacked AR within 2 sec. Bulaga and Williams did not get it done and drive stalled.

Packers 2nd possession of the 2nd quarter was again a break down in protection on a blitz. This time by Turner. Horrible pick up. Blitzer was right in front of him and he still blocked him late. We again were moving the ball.

D gave up the 2nd TD and FG before half due to bad tackling. There was some good play calling by Reid but the Packer definitely missed some tackles.

2nd Half

I am starting to like Lazard. This kid catches with his hands. Of course it is great that he has a big frame and a nice vertical but he seems to run routes well. I thought he had a nice game.

I thought we could have ran the ball more in the 2nd half. We only ran the ball 20 times with Williams and Jones and averaged 5.0 yards per carry. Having said that, we scored 31 points. Not going to complain a ton. :)

Bad tackling again on KC's TD drive in the 2nd half. If we would have tackled well, the Chiefs may have only scored 14 points. King was horrible last night as well as Savage was with tackling.

It's great to see Aaron Rodgers using the running backs and the short passes so much. This is what we have talked about for years. Take what the D gives you. For the most part AR is doing that.

I am not sold on MVS. He had the throw over the top for 40 yards that AR put right there and it went right through his hands. He is just not consistent enough for me. He may have speed and catch some deep balls but that is all he is. He will be a #3. Nothing more.

Now that I have watched Clark and Savage I think some of you are correct. They both are injured and definitely not 100%. I don't think Z. Smith is 100% either. The bye week cannot come soon enough. It would be amazing if we finish 9-1 before the buy but I will take 8-2.

Lastly, we have all said for a few years now that the Packers have been a soft team. I do not think we hit teams in the mouth yet but we have shown a ton of resilience. That counts for something. This team does not get down on itself and keeps fighting. It is a close knit group and you can tell. I like that part of this team. We will see what the second half of the season brings!

To your point, just look at Z Smith's second sack yesterday. Z is inside with Gary on the edge against the LT. Gary strikes the LT so hard he throws him backwards on skates, and then.... his feet just kind of stop. Finish him off! If Gary ripped around the edge while he was off balance he would've had the sack. As it was knocking the LT backwards basically put him in Moore's lap while Z hunted like a mad dog so it worked out, but it's an example of him being kinda of there but kind of not.
Gary is learning how to be a stand up rusher rather than a hand in the dirt DL type guy. That takes a year, at least. Took Nick Perry two iirc. Datone Jones took two too.

Gary is learning how to be a stand up rusher rather than a hand in the dirt DL type guy. That takes a year, at least. Took Nick Perry two iirc. Datone Jones took two too.
Did they ever learn? Esp Jones he was gone quick it seems. Just hope it's not another TT move were you take a player who is not used to standing up and is better as a hand in the dirt guy and can't adapt.

Back