Pack squeaks out win in KC

On reflection, I think the Pack did alright last night - even the defense.

There was a strategic decision to play back and not allow the speedy Chefs to get behind them. For fans it was frustrating as hell. But, it worked. Part of the poor tackling may have been do to the "preventive styled" defense giving offensive players space and evasive opportunities before the hit / attempted hit. The Pack stuck with its plan and it worked.

Would Mahomes have crushed us? I'm not so sure. The Chefs QB played great. The Chefs don't score every drive with Mahomes, they wouldn't have last night either. Maybe, if Mahomes is playing, the Chefs wouldn't have gambled on all those blitzes which would have made it easier on our offense. The Chefs' fumble turned the game our way, our offense took over, and our defense did enough. I think we pull out a win with Mahones in, although I think we need to score on that last drive.

The Pack is a frustrating team, but they are getting the job done. Don't think what if the Chefs had Mahomes, think what if our guy caught the slant against Philly

On reflection, I think the Pack did alright last night - even the defense.

There was a strategic decision to play back and not allow the speedy Chefs to get behind them. For fans it was frustrating as hell. But, it worked. Part of the poor tackling may have been do to the "preventive styled" defense giving offensive players space and evasive opportunities before the hit / attempted hit. The Pack stuck with its plan and it worked.

Would Mahomes have crushed us? I'm not so sure. The Chefs QB played great. The Chefs don't score every drive with Mahomes, they wouldn't have last night either. Maybe, if Mahomes is playing, the Chefs wouldn't have gambled on all those blitzes which would have made it easier on our offense. The Chefs' fumble turned the game our way, our offense took over, and our defense did enough. I think we pull out a win with Mahones in, although I think we need to score on that last drive.

If Mahomes played I think they're able to complete a couple balls over the top. Those can be game changing.

If Mahomes played I think they're able to complete a couple balls over the top. Those can be game changing.

I'll give you that, but when he missed over the top he came back and moved the chains. Mahomes would have been more spectacular, but I don't think he would have scored more than an additional 7

I'll give you that, but when he missed over the top he came back and moved the chains. Mahomes would have been more spectacular, but I don't think he would have scored more than an additional 7
No they would have put up an additional 14-17. They dont run the same routes with Mahomes as they did with Moore, plus a healthy Mahomes is more mobile than Moore and he would have created more on the move, Moore was 3 step drop and throw

The Pack is a frustrating team, but they are getting the job done. Don't think what if the Chefs had Mahomes, think what if our guy caught the slant against Philly
lot of "what ifs" but IF they don't mess up 2 PI calls vs Minnesota we lose that one, and IF Shady holds on the ball the mo swings also. this club has a very thin margin or error

lot of "what ifs" but IF they don't mess up 2 PI calls vs Minnesota we lose that one, and IF Shady holds on the ball the mo swings also. this club has a very thin margin or error

If those things happen then the games play out differently but you can't say we lose them both. It changes everything, including the way we play. You can't look at things that way. It's not like someone missing a FG at the buzzer.

Mahomes could hit wide open guys in soft coverage just as Moore did. Pettine was already basically in prevent all night.

Mahomes could hit wide open guys in soft coverage just as Moore did. Pettine was already basically in prevent all night.
But Mahomes would not be in a 3 step drop and quick out as he was 99% of the time. Reid calls a different game

I've always believed that the objective of a game is to win. It doesn't matter how you win, or what it looks like on paper, or what people want to make of it, a win is still a win.

As far as the things that weren't done well, there will be plenty, and it gives you a lot of opportunity for teaching, and improvement as a team. That too can be a win.

Yeah! And we had a 5+ minute drive to kill the game, starting at our own 2 yard line, handing the ball off a bunch of times to Jones and once to Williams, and then passed the ball on 3rd and five for the kill shot instead of being conservative. Give it up for these 2019 Packers! They're scrappy, they're feisty, they're finding ways to win some games and having fun. Come on now!

Back