Pack squeaks out win in KC

This defense still plays soft. I’m at a loss to explain that, having been here to see them in person.
I don’t want to think it’s personnel anymore, and I hate to think the the defensive coaches are falling short.
I thought they would be different based on how they started this season, but more and more they resemble the 2018 group.
I’m hoping it changes.
A timely fumble by Shady McCoy and a great game by Aaron Jones saved the Packers bacon today.

Note to Brian Gutekunst:
Extend Aaron Jones contract today. His cost is only going to got up. He is the stick that stirred the drink today and has been a major factor in this offense all season.

Great to hear all the “Go Pack Go” chants through out the game and especially late.

Was a fun, and VERY loud atmosphere/venue.

I will have to watch the tape but I am really surprised Pettine rushed 4 and did not blitz more. Moore had all day. I know he was getting rid of the ball quickly but still surprises me.

Good win.

Aaron Jones is really becoming a go to guy. He now has 821 yards combined yards to go with 11 combined TDs.

The defense is still feast or famine. I think Pettine scheme is not every good and I am not sold on him as DC. This team gives up way to many yards and this secondary has a lot of issues.

The offense overall seems to finally be getting into it's rythem. Defense though seems to be getting worse. Not sure if other teams have finally enough tape to expose the weakness in the D or not.

I did a quick check on tackles from last night's game. It appears our secondary made 23 unassisted tackles. In fact, I could only find one tackle where they were given an assist. During the course of the game, the Packers only had 6 total assists, and 40 unassisted.

Hill's speed forced our players onto islands of defense. They had to make the plays individually on defense, not in swarms. Pettine made sure Hill was surrounded, forcing single coverage on everyone else. Not a bad showing against speed from a defensive perspective, in my opinion. I had no idea Moore could be as good of a game manager as he was to be honest.

Credit to Reid and his staff. They understood the Packer weaknesses, and played against them well, making Moore look like a better QB than he actually may be. Had we dialed up a lot of blitzes, we would have been victims of their speed all night long. The Pettine schemes made sure there was at least someone in the neighborhood to cut Hill off before he caused too much damage.

Aaron Jones proved last night why he's becoming one of the best backs the Packers have had in decades. And, by the way, the old Rodgers is there. He can make those throws, when he and the receiver are on the same page. One helluva throw to Jones in the end zone. That'll go in the highlight reels this year.

As a special note. You can all disagree as much as you like. Once again, Kumerow proved he is one of the few Packer receivers who can make the difficult plays to move the chains. In his 8 catches so far this year, 5 went for first downs, and the 6th went for a TD. That's 75%, when it comes to crucial plays. That's one of the things I've always valued in receivers. To me, that's why Davante Adams is a solid receiver. He moves the chains on 80% of his catches. Next on the team, in percentage, is Kumerow.

Clark is not right. He needs to get healthy, but we can't spell him. Savage isn't 100% either.

We've been wearing our defense down by not rotating them. Meanwhile, last three teams have been coming off bye weeks or 10 day rests.

Important road win. A game where Mike McCarthy's team would absolutely have shit themselves.

Clark is not right. He needs to get healthy, but we can't spell him. Savage isn't 100% either.

We've been wearing our defense down by not rotating them. Meanwhile, last three teams have been coming off bye weeks or 10 day rests.

Important road win. A game where Mike McCarthy's team would absolutely have shit themselves.
Savage most likely should have sat out this game and been given another weeks rest before they brought him back. Clark has been playing hurt all year. The Packers need to do something to help if that is try Gary on the DL as he has been doing nothing all year at LB or go out and trade for DL help.

Back