Pack squeaks out win in KC

And are either in the league now? Did they ever learn? Easy answer to both...NO

Za'darius Smith was the same type of convert and now he leads the team in sacks, playing both outside and inside. Not that simple.

EIDT: and so was Preston Smith. The profiles all read similarly. Right or wrong about Gary, and again I wasn't a fan at 12, the staff was calculated about the pick and the player profile for what they want in the scheme. tc(

Za'darius Smith was the same type of convert and now he leads the team in sacks, playing both outside and inside. Not that simple.

EIDT: and so was Preston Smith. The profiles all read similarly. Right or wrong about Gary, and again I wasn't a fan at 12, the staff was calculated about the pick and the player profile for what they want in the scheme. tc(
I was not a fan of the pick either but it is what it is. If you are going to covert a guy, willingness is part of the process and not sure Gary has the drive to do it. Part of his profile at UM

Let's look at this another way:

Are there any draft picks after pick 12 in the first round that have been studs at this point?

I have not seen anyone. I might be missing someone.

different players/people learn at different rates. An 8 game, limited snap, sampling (imo) isn’t enough data to determine that he’s incapable and will be a bust.
Do I wish he was flashing plays?!
Absolutely!
But the Packers are in a good place with the Smith’s and other Edge players they have, so they haven’t asked him to do stuff he’s, maybe, not ready for yet.
He needs time and seasoning, and (who knows) maybe that shoulder is an issue they’d rather keep on the D-L.

Andre Dillard could have been good pick maybe a little early at 12 but trade back 5 spots get extra pick and could have got future RT

I'd never judge a player's future on his first year, unless he proves to be a total dud, who has the attention span of a guppy, and is as skitterish as a prairie dog. That kind scares the bejeebers out of me. One moment they're sitting there with a glassy look in their eyes, wondering what the hell the coaches just said, the next, their eyes are darting around the room wondering if everyone realizes just how stupid they are. Met a few of those guys during my days.

i'm not judging a player's future based on 8 games. but i am most certainly saying that burns was the better pick at #12. it makes no sense to use that pick on a developmental project.

different players/people learn at different rates. An 8 game, limited snap, sampling (imo) isn’t enough data to determine that he’s incapable and will be a bust.
Do I wish he was flashing plays?!
Absolutely!
But the Packers are in a good place with the Smith’s and other Edge players they have, so they haven’t asked him to do stuff he’s, maybe, not ready for yet.
He needs time and seasoning, and (who knows) maybe that shoulder is an issue they’d rather keep on the D-L.
They might just end up using him on the DL. Pettine wants to see if he can be a hybrid. I think he's doing fine.

I just worry about the Smiths wearing down.

Back