Bold Prediction Thread

And they are arguably the 2 best defensive on the team. Other than those 2 no impact guys on D

I wasn't speaking of impact players. I just questioned your assertion that our defense was getting older when that is clearly not the case. I also think Daniels is an impact guy and our secondary could end up being one of the better units in the league.

Gotta love your optimism Oak! I'll be keeping a close eye on your 6500 net yards gained prediction.
Go Pack Go
I'm not a blind optimist though. Capers is still our DC. Until this defense develops the ability to make critical stands, we will not win the Super Bowl. 0-7 in OT, losing critical games at the finish is largely on the defense. (Sorry if you disagree, but that's my opinion.) It's a mindset/bad habit right now that needs to be broken for this team to go all the way. I suppose a very bold prediction is that the defense makes a critical stand holding the Patriots in OT to allow Rodgers to come out and lead the Packers to a SB LI victory! But I'm not making that bold prediction...

Never realized the team was running an 0-7 record in OT......wow that stinks!
They are actually 0-7 with Rodgers, 0-0-1 with Flynn and 0-5-1 under Capers. Before you blame it on Rodgers not being clutch, however - in four of the seven OT losses Rodgers never even touches the ball! In two losses Rodgers does turn over the ball (one F, one INT) in OT. (In one of those the Rodgers-led offense scored 51 points but unfortunately the Capers D gave up 51 points in regular time, and in the other the Capers D gives up 10 unanswered points in the 4th quarter and Crosby misses a game winning FG.) And the third OT loss to Miami where Rodgers touched the ball in OT was due to a bad Masthay punt after the Rodgers-led offense failed to score. Bad defense was instrumental in every OT game but Miami during Rodgers tenure.

Edit: Oh, and the Matt Flynn tie? GB defense gives up 16 unanswered points to MN to force OT, where each team scores a FG.

Now I got my pessimism out of my system, lol!

Last edited:
The last OT win I can recall is the Seahawks playoff game back when Sherman was the Coach (a game I was at). You remember the one where Al Harris ran back a pick-6.
Nevermind mentioning Rodgers...we can put all those OT losses on MM.

Nevermind mentioning Rodgers...we can put all those OT losses on MM.
MM's mistake is going conservative too early and trusting that the Capers D will make a critical stand, which goes back to my earlier point. Yeah, you would think he'd learn. Frankly, I'm surprised they've kept Capers around as long as they have.

That wouldn't do much to generate optimism here. We've already seen the Pats do that and stumble, without exhibiting nearly the level of collapse in the playoffs that the Pack has. Jack that up to 19-0, and I'm happy.

Fackrell supplants CMIII at OLB with superior play forcing CMIII back to the inside.
Fackrell gets 10 sacks in his rookie season.

Back