Bold Prediction Thread

BOLD PREDICTION

Green Bay loses week 1 in Jacksonville
Message boards blow up calling for McCarthy head
Team finishes 11-5

I know a lot of people think we'll lose to Jax and I think they will be much improved but they are young and they might not have it all together in week 1. Unless we screw up we should win this one.

Jaguars? C'mon, we're talking about one of the lousiest teams in the entire league. Just because they had a sweet draft doesn't mean they can beat our mighty Packers.
Rodgers has a good day in Jacksonville week #1.

Jaguars? C'mon, we're talking about one of the lousiest teams in the entire league. Just because they had a sweet draft doesn't mean they can beat our mighty Packers.
Rodgers has a good day in Jacksonville week #1.
It's the NFL. Any given Sunday. The "mighty Packers" are not the same team it was 3 years ago. Age is showing on defense, depth is still a concern and there are guts like 27, 17 that need to show 2015 was an abberation. FWIW Vegas line is GB -4

Last edited:
As far as the early games on the schedule are concerned it's that week #2 game in Minnesota's new stadium that has this fan more concerned. The Vikings game just seems more daunting than the Jags game.

It's the NFL. Any given Sunday. The "mighty Packers" are not the same team it was 3 years ago. Age is showing on defense, depth is still a concern and there are guts like 27, 17 that need to show 2015 was an abberation. FWIW Vegas line is GB -4

Age? wondering( Outside of Peppers and Clay the rest of our defenders are under the age of 30.

Age? wondering( Outside of Peppers and Clay the rest of our defenders are under the age of 30.
And they are arguably the 2 best defensive on the team. Other than those 2 no impact guys on D

Above average player. Can he put a team on his s back like 52 used too? Don't think so
You've got "above average" right. But considering how much "above" Daniels was, that's understating it.

7 sacks and 53 pressures from the inside while kicking butt vs the run... If that's not impact, dunno what is.

When it comes to guys suited for nickel 3-tech, Daniels is (for me) behind only Kawann Short, Fletcher Cox, Ndamukong Suh, Geno Atkins, J.J. Watt and Aaron Donald. Wouldn't call any of them "above average"...

I get it: He's not the special athlete like some above. You may not build your whole D around him. Still, damn tough to find someone better for what he does.

DE Mike Daniels +46.9, 3rd/57 3-4DEs - With no sign of contract hangover, Daniels was just a beast. His grades and production have improved every season. If he keeps this pace up, he'll beat JJ Watt in a year or two. Graded 4th best pass rushing. Measured by pressure per snap, he was 7th in pass rush productivity (PRP), creating 7 sacks and whopping 53 total pressures. Equally good vs the run, graded 3rd and was 14th in run stop percentage. Lived in the backfield for tackles for loss, and had impressive 35 solo run stops. Missed only 3 tackles all year.

Back