AR Prediction Thread

Rodgers isn't the problem. Our Front Office is the problem. Jeez
Disagree.

Indeed, Rodgers’ trade request was made through intermediaries. The team had no idea what he was going to tell McAfee on Wednesday.

Word is the disagreement is over compensation for if Rodgers plays another year.

Yeah not shocking we have all said this would be done deal if Rodgers was willing to commit to Jets for at least 2 years and perhaps rework his deal but #12 being #12 can't do that as he wants to be able to be center of attention each off-season if he will retire or return.

GB gets 2nd round this year. Then in 2025 based on if Rodgers has played or not in 2024 GB gets 2nd round pick if he did and goes to first if Jets got to at least AFC championship in either 2023 or 2024. If Rodgers only plays in 2023 no other draft comp is given. That's fair to both sides and don't have to mash out sending picks back if he only plays one year.

I swear Jets fans are dumber than a box of rocks. One Jets fans says oh the Packers have zero leverage Rodgers can wait to collect his $60 million from GB and just retire on them and not play. FP(

Rodgers isn't the problem. Our Front Office is the problem. Jeez
To be clear, I don’t care when or why the whining popped up. Or what his perceived or real grievances were.

He’s been a public menace to the organization, openly dragging his employer, for three years. You put up with that when a guy is winning 13 games and MVPs. The second he lays an egg with his play, which he undeniably did last year, and allegedly stepped back in his preparation and commitment, especially at age 39, you put your foot down.

And when you’re evaluating which person is more likely to be believed and which person’s casting of themselves as a victim is likely exaggerated, he has publicly answered that question for years.

Whether you agree with him or not, the evidence is all out in the open: he thinks he’s a victim; he bears no personal accountability for his play or performance or his relationship with the organization; and he has much broader and deeper interests in his life than winning football games. Those things are just true. And that’s ok. But there’s no counterpoint to those issues in my mind.

To be clear, I don’t care when or why the whining popped up. Or what his perceived or real grievances were.

He’s been a public menace to the organization, openly dragging his employer, for three years. You put up with that when a guy is winning 13 games and MVPs. The second he lays an egg with his play, which he undeniably did last year, and allegedly stepped back in his preparation and commitment, especially at age 39, you put your foot down.

And when you’re evaluating which person is more likely to be believed and which person’s casting of themselves as a victim is likely exaggerated, he has publicly answered that question for years.

Whether you agree with him or not, the evidence is all out in the open: he thinks he’s a victim; he bears no personal accountability for his play or performance or his relationship with the organization; and he has much broader and deeper interests in his life than winning football games. Those things are just true. And that’s ok. But there’s no counterpoint to those issues in my mind.
Yes, he does convey himself as a victim. He is very tactful about it. And now he has “nothing but love and appreciation” for “everybody in the Packer organization”. Even so, he paints one side of the story and leaves out some details. Conveniently.

Back