AR Prediction Thread

Addressing reporters Monday at the NFL's annual league meeting, Saleh confirmed the team's interest in the free agent wide receiver. As for Rodgers, Saleh said the Jets are in no rush to finalize a trade with the Green Bay Packers, saying they could conceivably wait until training camp in late July.

Pretty much saying right there no way will we give up 13. Packers and Jets will work out deal after June 1st for 2024 draft comp.

On the one hand, the team is not acting like Rodgers will only count ~$15m against the cap this year (they've made moves to make the full $40m hit possible in 2023), which suggests they want/plan on a pre-June 1 trade.

On the other hand, trading post June 1 may solve some of the hitches in his salary. If the Jets want GB to eat a piece, GB mathematically cannot eat any in a pre-June 1 trade, they don't have the space. However, I believe post-June 1, with the cap hit of previous contracts spreading out over another year, they in theory could add a piece of that option bonus to their 2023 cap and still be where they need to be. For example, instead of trading just Rodgers, GB would send Rodgers plus a check for say $15million to the Jets, in exchange for whatever, and GB's 2023 cap hit on him would go from ~$15m to $30m. I think.

On the one hand, the team is not acting like Rodgers will only count ~$15m against the cap this year (they've made moves to make the full $40m hit possible in 2023), which suggests they want/plan on a pre-June 1 trade.

On the other hand, trading post June 1 may solve some of the hitches in his salary. If the Jets want GB to eat a piece, GB mathematically cannot eat any in a pre-June 1 trade, they don't have the space. However, I believe post-June 1, with the cap hit of previous contracts spreading out over another year, they in theory could add a piece of that option bonus to their 2023 cap and still be where they need to be. For example, instead of trading just Rodgers, GB would send Rodgers plus a check for say $15million to the Jets, in exchange for whatever, and GB's 2023 cap hit on him would go from ~$15m to $30m. I think.
If they want GB to pay 10-15 million better be giving GB a 1st and a 2nd then.

If they want GB to pay 10-15 million better be giving GB a 1st and a 2nd then.
Totally different conversation. Nothing else going on so just thinking about how to make the cash/contract piece work if Rodgers is deadset against re-doing it to help out his new team.

Brian Gutekunst on Aaron Rodgers: "Certainly whenever a player may have issues, you prefer that they talk to you directly and not do it in the media, but that's not necessarily the way he goes about it and that's OK.

Gute just said at owners meetings that they tried to contact Rodgers multiple times over the off-season and he ghosted them. Lol. What a sh!t show.
Should we be shocked? Rodgers a diva a-hole who says he would not hold team hostage but that's exactally what he did and then got pissed when GB said we are done and moving on

Back