With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

To me it's more about showing Aaron he doesn't run the franchise. But i think Love can be a good player.
You don’t trade up in the first round and draft a player who can be “good”. You pick a guy who can be a franchise type impact player and nothing Love has shown gives you that

If you're front office is drafting players just to send a message to a future HOFer that pick better darn well be the second coming. Because if Love doesn't perform like Arod then you look like an idiot.

If you're front office is drafting players just to send a message to a future HOFer that pick better darn well be the second coming. Because if Love doesn't perform like Arod then you look like an idiot.
I do think they liked Love.

Matt is going to make a player out of him imo.

You don’t trade up in the first round and draft a player who can be “good”. You pick a guy who can be a franchise type impact player and nothing Love has shown gives you that

Exactly my point. Wolf got some good value out of his mid rounders but his bread and butter was obviously giving up the 1 for Favre. Gutey moved up in the first to get this pick. It wasn't a ho hum, we got good value. He's saddling up with this pick. We'll see how it works out

Exactly my point. Wolf got some good value out of his mid rounders but his bread and butter was obviously giving up the 1 for Favre. Gutey moved up in the first to get this pick. It wasn't a ho hum, we got good value. He's saddling up with this pick. We'll see how it works out
No he didn't write it down right here Bud this pick is going to haunt the franchise.

Last edited:
Favre had a panache about him that made him kinda special. In his mind, if he did it, it had to be good. Just make sure he had the supporting cast to make it good. They did everything they could to make that happen, and even made defense a priority at the same time. They decided you don't win with one of them. You need both.

Rodgers came in with a chip on his shoulder, and the attitude that he was gonna replace "the old man," and prove to everyone he should have been the #1 pick in the NFL draft. He'd teach them a lesson. In a way, he has, hasn't he? Arguably one of the better QBs of all time. Two in a row in Title Town makes us pretty special. Kind of like Montana and Young. You don't get that kind of QB action too often. He proved his point. He was that good.

Love is totally unproven, and the comparisons between him and Favre aren't really relevant. Love does not have the swagger, and I doubt will ever have the leadership skills of either Favre or Rodgers. I say this because I remember how Favre owned the huddle, because he kept them loose. I've seen how Rodgers owns the huddle because he keeps them focused. Until a QB shows me they have the skills to command respect in the huddle, with how they handle it, there's not much good I can say about them, except..... they have potential. I honestly hope I eat my words, and in three years (at the most), I hope we see him as #3 in the line of successes at QB, on his way to the HOF like the other two. Until then, I'm going to continue thinking that they could have gotten help for the upcoming season had they made a different decision.

As far as middle of the draft picks? I'm not certain the Packers made any choices, at any point in the draft, that I would consider the really best options out there for them. It's difficult saying. The only guy they took that I would really say could become a future starter is Dillon. Outside of that? Not much, in my eyes.

I haven't seen anything from Love that leads me to believe he can be an effective starter in the NFL.

And, I'm just a neanderthal knuckle-dragger, but after seeing his autograph signature I think the offensive linemen, defensive linemen, and linebackers will be asking whether his Barbie has the Corvette instead of following him

Back