With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

Gute and ML conversation before the draft:

Gute: So what do you think of Aaron? Are things going well with you two?
ML: He is an egotistical maniac that thinks he knows everything and will not do everything I ask him to do.
Gute: Do you think we should draft a QB in the first round to show him this is our team?
ML: Absolutely. In fact, I think we should trade up in the first and get one. That would really pucker his sphincter!

Hence, the drafting of Jordan Love. coffee(

rofl(
you said the “S” word!:eek:

He's trying to shield ML.. Good move by the guy in charge to look out for his coach. Everyone knows what's coming. People are just trying to get their narrative out there..
Ever since they hired Ari Fleischer, this franchise has been very strict about "saying" the right thing.

Everything goes back to Murphy, because of his new pyramid of power. But Gutey is man'ing up on it.

Everyone's having a good cry over the situation, but the guys in charge are all confidently on board.

Ever since they hired Ari Fleischer, this franchise has been very strict about "saying" the right thing.

Everything goes back to Murphy, because of his new pyramid of power. But Gutey is man'ing up on it.

Everyone's having a good cry over the situation, but the guys in charge are all confidently on board.
Ari is not on the payroll

I'm sure Lefleur was on board, but Gute appears to be trying to step out and be more of the reason. At least according to the article.

What I hate in some of these articles is that it's been likened to Wolf, TT always putting an emphasis on taking a QB in the draft. They weren't drafting QB's in the first round. I mean, Gutey moved up to draft a QB in the 1st. That's not like moving up to the 4th, 5th or 6th round to grab a decent developmental QB. You don't have leeway for a missed pick in the 1st. It just doesn't work that way. Gutey and ML have hitched their wagons to this QB. They can try and spin it any way they want but I'm not buying.

What I hate in some of these articles is that it's been likened to Wolf, TT always putting an emphasis on taking a QB in the draft. They weren't drafting QB's in the first round. I mean, Gutey moved up to draft a QB in the 1st. That's not like moving up to the 4th, 5th or 6th round to grab a decent developmental QB. You don't have leeway for a missed pick in the 1st. It just doesn't work that way. Gutey and ML have hitched their wagons to this QB. They can try and spin it any way they want but I'm not buying.
Besides Rodgers, Brohm, Flynn, and Hundley did Ted ever draft any QB's in his 12-13 years in GB?

Wolf did, or at a minimum tried to. Detmer, Brunell, Barker, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Nall and a couple of 7th round guys also. Not so much Thompson. I actual think its a mistake not to try and get one each year

Wolf did, or at a minimum tried to. Detmer, Brunell, Barker, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Nall and a couple of 7th round guys also. Not so much Thompson. I actual think its a mistake not to try and get one each year
It does seem though the Packers did bring in under Ted a UDFA QB every year that either served as third string or ended up on the PS.

To me it's more about showing Aaron he doesn't run the franchise. But i think Love can be a good player.

Back