With Their first pick GB selects Jordan Love QB Utah State

Really? All the highlights I've seen are insane throws, drops in the bucket with the defender draped on the receiver etc.

Point being, if you want a guy to just run the play as called and play in a system, the QB that combines the bad stuff of Favre and Rodgers without the good seems an odd choice.
They weren't gonna be able to get Tua.

Another reason why I think you will see Rodgers in GB 2 years max. After the 3rd year you need to decide if you will put the 5th year option on a player or not. Team will want to start Love at least 1 year to know if they want to put that 5th year option on him which under the new CBA will now fully guarantee the 5th year of the contract if it's picked up.

Gute and ML conversation before the draft:

Gute: So what do you think of Aaron? Are things going well with you two?
ML: He is an egotistical maniac that thinks he knows everything and will not do everything I ask him to do.
Gute: Do you think we should draft a QB in the first round to show him this is our team?
ML: Absolutely. In fact, I think we should trade up in the first and get one. That would really pucker his sphincter!

Hence, the drafting of Jordan Love. coffee(

Gute and ML conversation before the draft:

Gute: So what do you think of Aaron? Are things going well with you two?
ML: He is an egotistical maniac that thinks he knows everything and will not do everything I ask him to do.
Gute: Do you think we should draft a QB in the first round to show him this is our team?
ML: Absolutely. In fact, I think we should trade up in the first and get one. That would really pucker his sphincter!

Hence, the drafting of Jordan Love. coffee(

rofl( rofl( CLP)

I'm sure Lefleur was on board, but Gute appears to be trying to step out and be more of the reason. At least according to the article.

He's trying to shield ML.. Good move by the guy in charge to look out for his coach. Everyone knows what's coming. People are just trying to get their narrative out there..

Back