Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Would not be surprised if it’s a college coach or 2. Typically not announced due to recruiting, don’t want it public
Though with media today someone leaks it out

Didn't MM try to install zone blocking when he got here with mixed results?

LaFleur sounds like a solid candidate. Am curious how much input the Saints OC has had in calling plays and game planning etc?

Even more so on these guys can they develop a young QB into something after Rodgers is done?

LaFleur didn't have much to work with in Tenn and has experience with vets and young QBs. A big plus in both areas imo.

I think McDaniels is still odds on and believe he's a match that AR will respect and work with short term, but have reservations in post AR era

Okay just listened to Joe Thomas. After listening to him am all in now. I probably just cursed hire by doing so. J/k

Okay JT played under some former coaches from the BB tree. Reason why didnt pan out....BB has a strict order of things. Many of these guys that got coaching jobs started as coffee getters in their 20s and came up through the ranks. So when they become coaches they only know one way of doing things and not have experience in other places or identity.

LaFleur and Mark has given his background has been a player and coaching experience in different systems.

JT said he's a master of the Shannihan zone blocking and run game setting up play action and so on. Figures we would have a run game we haven't seen here in a long time.

Also thinks LaFleur scheme would fit in great with AR.

There is more JT said but this is general highlights. If want to hear entire thing, go to espn radio local and it's in second hour of Wilde/ Tauscher

I have no idea who the Packers will pick. I have no idea who would accept. I have no idea what changes will be made to accommodate a new HC. I have no idea what the Packers intent will be at draft time.

What I do know is that in August, there will be a bunch of guys showing up at Lambeau Field, intent on becoming part of the Green Bay Packers. Some are automatic, some will work their way onto the roster, and some will be shown the door. In the end, they'll have 53 guys signed to the team, and they'll try to stash 10 guys that can help them down the road on the practice squad.

I also know that the stands will be filled, game after game, in Green Bay, and I know that if the team they field isn't up to the standards expected, they will be booed, just like they were this year, as they left the field, ending a miserable season.

I also know - assuming I'm still alive - I'll be glued to my TV with Sunday Ticket, not missing a beat. It's what I do, year after year, win, lose, or draw.

In the meantime, it is fun speculating on where this show is heading, and who will be on the sidelines calling the shots. It's also going to be interesting seeing how well the Rodgers game plays into what the new coach wants.

My money is on LeFleur at this point. I see him as more of a "QB whisperer" than anyone else in the mix, and because of that, I think he might get Rodgers into a rhythm that works for him and the team. Just my opinion.

Didn't MM try to install zone blocking when he got here with mixed results?
They still run a zone blocking system per say. It's not what it used to be and ML runs his zone out of spread concepts in a downhill fashion .

My money is on LeFleur at this point. I see him as more of a "QB whisperer" than anyone else in the mix, and because of that, I think he might get Rodgers into a rhythm that works for him and the team. Just my opinion.
I wouldn't put $ on anyone right this minute. I maybe dead wrong and usually am but this seams like a deliberate search. It comes down to who impress's both Murphy and Gute the most in the interview process.

Who ever will agree to bow and let Murphy call plays will be HC. LOL

Depending on what happens this weekend, I still think we could see Ken Whisenhunt's name added to the mix.
As HC in AZ he coached an aging Kurt Warner to within a whisker of a SB victory, and as OC for the Bolts he has breathed new life into (what some people considered was an over the hill) Philip Rivers.
Also, he was the OC for the Steelers and Rothlisberger when the won the SB in 2005.

Since he turned down the GT job a couple weeks ago, he may be content staying the OC with the Bolts, but he may also have an inkling that he could be getting interviews for another HC gig. Whether GB calls him or not remains to be seen. I just get a gut feeling about it.

Back