Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Next question. How many HC candidates end up using GB as leverage to get better deals elsewhere....

Strange silence from GB regarding a new HC. I have to believe that Philbin is in play now and it's 50/50 he becomes the new HC.

Joe will fire guys like Zook and that useless WR coach and bring in his own guys. Packers give him a 3 yr deal and keep it "in the packer family"

I said the day after he was appointed interim HC that he was in play for consideration.
If he gets the job you’d have to think Pettine has a chance to stick as well.
But beyond that all bets are off that anyone else keeps their job.

I said the day after he was appointed interim HC that he was in play for consideration.
If he gets the job you’d have to think Pettine has a chance to stick as well.
But beyond that all bets are off that anyone else keeps their job.

Reports this morning have Arizona and Mike with mutual interest. MP very well could leave with Mike as well as a good bit of the staff. That honestly plays in Joes favor.

Reports this morning have Arizona and Mike with mutual interest. MP very well could leave with Mike as well as a good bit of the staff. That honestly plays in Joes favor.
Pettine as HC or DC.
I remember when he came to GB he
Said he had no more HC aspirations.

Strange silence from GB regarding a new HC. I have to believe that Philbin is in play now and it's 50/50 he becomes the new HC.

Joe will fire guys like Zook and that useless WR coach and bring in his own guys. Packers give him a 3 yr deal and keep it "in the packer family"

This has strong implications. I do believe the entire defensive coaching staff, and most of the offense, would be gone. I see Philbin wanting a 4-3 defense which is easier to rebuild, and a step back on offense to the WCO as Philbin taught it early in Rodgers career, when he made a name for himself.

If Philbin was someone that Murphy wanted on board, it could easily happen that he ends up with the job. Maybe this is exactly where Murphy saw this whole thing going when he retired Thompson, if McCarthy failed to deliver this year.

One more win for the Packers, especially if Rodgers does play well, and we could see some interesting things happen over the next month or so.

I have some info from a friend in GB, but like he told me; "Don't count on anything. Murphy hasn't decided on what will happen next."

That statement told me that this whole thing is pretty much out of the hands of Ball and Gutey. It's going to be a Murphy call.

It was never in Gutes hands. Nice window dressing but this is Murphy and Ball

a step back on offense to the WCO as Philbin taught it early in Rodgers career, when he made a name for himself.

You are incorrect on Philbin and the WC O..... he came from Iowa under Kirk Ferentz running the Iowa OL. MM hired him because of his knowledge of their inside zone running game. At Miami he hired Bill Lazor as his OC currently the OC of the Bungles. He never ran "his" offense in GB it was all MM.

His job was to lay out the game plan for Mike and get the scouting looks before hand. Joe Philbin just like many others had the OC title but never schemed the offense really.

Clip of Joe talking about his new OC Bill Lazor in Miami https://www.capitalgazette.com/80326250-157.html

Back