Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

The more I read about this guy, the more unlikely it feels he'd leave that job. He seems like really good HC material don't get me wrong, but by all accounts he's super dedicated to that program and to those kids, and I don't know what exactly the sell is for GB - or any team - to get him to leave.

Like any college coach making the jump it's about can you suceeed at the next level, the challenge of it. Recruiting at NW is grind and that can take a toll also. Not saying Fitz would make the jump

Fitz seems like a Northwestern guy through and through. I don't think he leaves. For some guys, the challenge of making it to the NFL is the draw. For others, it's a negative. Fitz can likely coach at NW for as long as he wants to. Sure it's a college is a grind, but so is being a HC in the NFL.

Also, it's not like he's making chump change. The NFL isn't such a big financial bonanza as it maybe once was in comparison to college coaching. Fitz makes well over $3mil per year and can probably count on make more than that for another decade, at least.

The more I read about this guy, the more unlikely it feels he'd leave that job. He seems like really good HC material don't get me wrong, but by all accounts he's super dedicated to that program and to those kids, and I don't know what exactly the sell is for GB - or any team - to get him to leave.

My guess he would get at least 1-2 million bump in salary to leave NW.

Fitz seems like a Northwestern guy through and through. I don't think he leaves. For some guys, the challenge of making it to the NFL is the draw. For others, it's a negative. Fitz can likely coach at NW for as long as he wants to. Sure it's a college is a grind, but so is being a HC in the NFL.

Also, it's not like he's making chump change. The NFL isn't such a big financial bonanza as it maybe once was in comparison to college coaching. Fitz makes well over $3mil per year and can probably count on make more than that for another decade, at least.
Lot of truth to all of this. How much he makes now is speculation witn NW being private they don’t have to disclose $$ but I think $3.5 + is about right

2 million is more than a 50% increase in pay might be hard to say no to that.
It's not all about the money though. If he has a posh spot at NW might not be any reason for him to leave ... He's probably getting money from other sources besides salary as well.

It's not all about the money though. If he has a posh spot at NW might not be any reason for him to leave ... He's probably getting money from other sources besides salary as well.

Yeah since its a private institution its hard to tell what his total comp is, like most HC at the D1 level the base is low its Under Armor $$, camp money etc

Agree, it's not all about the money. I think you guys are thinking the wrong college coach. Fitz isn't leaving his boyhood dream in Chicago for Green Bay. Now, say someone is coaching in Ames. Green Bay, socially, isn't going to be a step down. Throw a couple million on top of that??? Yeah, I'm talking Matt Campbell. My personal conspiracy is that they have an agreement that won't take effect until after State's bowl game so he can tell his team before it hits the press. Again, nothing but a gut feeling and connecting the vague dots.

Back