Who will be the Next GB Head Coach ?

Philbin is a great OC, but a horrible coach. I hope Whisenhunt isn't in the mix. We don't need someone that Casserly will advise. I don't think the Packers would balk at paying $6 mill to an HC who could step in and bring championships. Then there's the situation with the hierarchy. I don't see anyone being interested in joining a 3 ring circus as a clown in a side ring.

Boy is everyone here going to in a tizzy if Philbin gets the nod?

Rodgers loves this guy and seemed the players responded positively to him last week, despite this team lacking talent.

He's not my first choice either, but think we should be prepared for this ppossibility
Need to go away from Packers coaching tree. Also can't have a guy Rodgers loves because it probably means he's under Rodgers thumb.

after reading this and the previous article penned by Andrew Brandt.....I think they already have their guy. They will publicly jump through the appropriate hoops to make it appear they showed due diligence, but I think there are four guys who know who our next coach is: Murphy, Gute, Ball and Rodgers. Nothing else to base this on, just a gut feeling.

BINGO!!! they had their target or targets weeks ago and one reason McCarthy got the early pink slip. They will follow the "Rooney Rule" and all the compliance stuff

If that's the case then you can put to bed all the Philbin wailing and gnashing of teeth, because they didn't fire MM mid-season just to promote Philbin to permanent HC.

If that's the case then you can put to bed all the Philbin wailing and gnashing of teeth, because they didn't fire MM mid-season just to promote Philbin to permanent HC.
They used that same firm for GM and found Gutey. So philbin is still a possibility. ;)

after reading this and the previous article penned by Andrew Brandt.....I think they already have their guy. They will publicly jump through the appropriate hoops to make it appear they showed due diligence, but I think there are four guys who know who our next coach is: Murphy, Gute, Ball and Rodgers. Nothing else to base this on, just a gut feeling.

Northwestern's HC

Northwestern's HC

The more I read about this guy, the more unlikely it feels he'd leave that job. He seems like really good HC material don't get me wrong, but by all accounts he's super dedicated to that program and to those kids, and I don't know what exactly the sell is for GB - or any team - to get him to leave.

Back