What really happened in GB

When they're serving cake and cookies, the sun is shining, and the bouncy castle is set up, you don't want to be the person who bounds out in the yard and says; "Party's over. There's a 10% chance of rain. Everyone needs to go inside."

You talk about how good the food and party was. Telling the host that you thought they should have had a different kind of cake, that the cookies weren't big enough, and there was a nicer bouncy castle they should have rented, is pretty much a guarantee you won't be invited to their next party.

Articles that would have torpedoed the "feel good" stories surrounding the Packers would have resulted in an immediate ride out of town on a rail, and no more access to anything at 1265.
That still doesn't mean that the article was "mostly true". Again, I believe there's some truth in there, and of course everyone involved is going to say it's completely false. I believe the MM/AR relationship was much more complicated than this article depicted.

Tom Silverstein Verified account @TomSilverstein:
Rodgers said the EQSB route that was reportedly changed in the huddle was a conversion route in which EQSB was facing press coverage and Rodgers thought he was running a go route, not a post. Said he corrected EQSB on the sideline.

Davante Adams Retweeted Tom Silverstein
100% accurate. Thats what kills me man. Drag a HOF QB’s name thru the mud behind something you have zero clue about. New rule: Dont speak on shit unless u know all the facts. To whom it may concern....

Tom Silverstein Verified account @TomSilverstein:
Rodgers said the EQSB route that was reportedly changed in the huddle was a conversion route in which EQSB was facing press coverage and Rodgers thought he was running a go route, not a post. Said he corrected EQSB on the sideline.

Davante Adams Retweeted Tom Silverstein
100% accurate. Thats what kills me man. Drag a HOF QB’s name thru the mud behind something you have zero clue about. New rule: Dont speak on shit unless u know all the facts. To whom it may concern....
What did you expect them to say? Admit he was undercutting HC?

What did you expect them to say? Admit he was undercutting HC?
you probably missed the part where davante said it was 100% accurate. i realize that there is nothing anyone can say that will convince some people that dunne's story has a lot of half truths and outright fairytales in it, but many of the players who are actually still relevant are speaking out.

Packers QB Aaron Rodgers to @ESPNMilwaukee on the recent Bleacher Report piece: "The thing is... it's not a mystery, this was a smear attack by a writer trying to advance his career talking with mostly irrelevant, bitters players who all have an agenda."

Ya know what, he seems pissed, and if this drives him to really focus on his game and get back to playing at an elite level, it'll all be worth it.

Article had truth's and had players probably making stuff up. Like Pack said somewhere in middle is truth Things were not as bad as I think article made them to be but not near as dam rosey as Rodgers makes it to be.

surprised none of u, unless I missed it through all these posts, are bringing this up.....

How the irony is that we have had 2 HOF QBs and now how their careers have paralleled each other.

Harlan for all the great things he did to turn things around made a fatal mistake and gave Sherman the reins and total control. He let Sherman have total control for too many years and wasted the best years of Favre's career. TT/Murphy has done the same with Rodgers. Harlan and Murphy should be who we are concentrating on and talking about. Not MM and AR. To have have 2 HOF QBs over 20 years with only 3 SBs and 2 winning SBs is the crime here.

IF anything, Murphy has mirrored Harlan by stepping back and not acting sooner. TT and MM stayed too long, just as Sherman did. At the old site, can Remember Dennis, Packman and I (maybe a couple of others) took a ton of heat when we said Sherman was wasting Favre's career and doubt he got another ring. We hoped to be proven wrong and weren't.

Now with Rodgers and his injuries one has to wonder if the same might be true with him. He can be dedicated all he wants and this new coach can be the golden ticket, but if Rodgers' skills from injuries have taken away some of his game, like it did for Montanna, we might not see another ring/trophy here until a new QB with a supporting cast. I don't see Rodgers lasting as long as Brady due to injuries he has had and that his window is maybe 3 years at best....again hope I'm wrong just as hoped was wrong with Favre but wasn't.

Back