What really happened in GB

In all honesty, I don't think Rodgers would be nearly as good of a QB as he is if he couldn't move around and try to make plays. He just isn't the kind of guy who will settle in the pocket. Good or bad, it's all perspective.

that point has been made countless times in the major media outlets. that's his bread and butter.

I don’t know if I buy that. I think Rodgers has done some of his finest work throwing from the pocket, in 2014 for example. No question his claim to fame are the plays outside the pocket, but that’s not the same as saying what he can or can’t do or excel at. I think the scramble plays went from being something he could do when the play broke down, to something he did as a first or second option and that’s where things have gone south. I don’t know if it’s declining OL play, declining WR play, stale route combos or all of the above but that’s the habit ML will have to break. He’s gotta trust the routes and throw with anticipation instead of waiting for a guy to break open.

this is from an article written in may of 2018: "Since he became a starter in 2008, no quarterback has thrown more touchdown passes from outside the pocket than Rodgers. And it’s not even close. Rodgers has 62 of them in 126 regular-season games, according to ESPN Stats & Information."

this is from today:

D3WuwWLXkAAzCA3.jpg

D3k5IH1XoAIyx5Y.jpg

that was in a bad year.

Last edited:
Reactions: TW
So to be fair Rodgers responded to this today :

QB Aaron Rodgers said two main things he wants to talk about is Mark Murphy's reported comment to him and that if he hated McCarthy so badly, why would he re-sign with the #Packers. Interview on @WildeAndTausch

Rodgers said Gutekunst called him and asked him to talk to LaFleur and told him that LaFleur was the top candidate. Then Murphy called and said Murphy said nothing like, "Don't be the problem." Called it patently false.

Rodgers said he used to joke with McCarthy about picking Alex Smith over him. Said he did not have a grudge. Says, "I love Mike McCarthy. We had our issues. But we dealt with those issues face-to-face. It would be at my house sometimes, at his house sometimes."

Aaron Rodgers, in the ESPN Milwaukee interview, says he didn't hold a grudge against Mike McCarthy for the 49ers picking Alex Smith No. 1. He admitted he and McCarthy "had issues" but they always moved forward together.

Rodgers said he had a lot of latitude to change plays at the line of scrimmage. He said sometimes McCarthy gave him two plays in the huddle and had McCarthy gave him the ability to change the plays.

So to be fair Rodgers responded to this today :

IMHO (and to play devil's advocate) the tone of that response tells me most of it is true. In addition you never heard Arod give that spirited of a defense of MM when things were going down the toilet. It's easy to say those things now. Where was that when MM was still your coach?

FYI Rodgers has every right to voice his opinion but son of #@% Can't we at least get one #%%^%^ beat writer off their @## to cover Day 1 ??? WTH !

I think all the good ones left during that stretch where Packers would piss, moan, and go after any reporter who dared say something negative.

Very telling how little coverage there was.

When they're serving cake and cookies, the sun is shining, and the bouncy castle is set up, you don't want to be the person who bounds out in the yard and says; "Party's over. There's a 10% chance of rain. Everyone needs to go inside."

You talk about how good the food and party was. Telling the host that you thought they should have had a different kind of cake, that the cookies weren't big enough, and there was a nicer bouncy castle they should have rented, is pretty much a guarantee you won't be invited to their next party.

Articles that would have torpedoed the "feel good" stories surrounding the Packers would have resulted in an immediate ride out of town on a rail, and no more access to anything at 1265.

Janis thing pretty much tells us what we already knew Rodgers chewed his ass out because he could not run a proper route tree to save his life.

Back