The SS McCarthy looks like it’s about to sink

And your long term solution is? I ask because I don’t think there is a guy out there who can fix this mess. Will the fan base be satisfied with 9-7 ?

I think most of fan base know it will take 2-3 yrs to right the ship and that a new staff doesn't mean instant SB. With FB fan pages and all the sports shows and Internet football sites fans are more informed then 10-20 yrs ago imo.

I am still on the Matt Lafleur bandwagon however John Harbaugh could work well. With JH you keep the DC and hire a solid OC etc. Might just be a viable solution.

Does he run that Offensive system u went into great detail over?

Does he run that Offensive system u went into great detail over?
No he is from the McVay/ schottenheimer tree. He'll run spread concepts with a zone running game. Has sprinkled in some WC passing game concepts. You remember that first drive in the preseason when TN made us look stupid on defense ? That was Lafleur. He's a young passionate coach looking to make his mark which we could use.... I am thinking of the other system should we consider a HC like Harbaugh since he allows his OC to install and manage the offense.

Yes and thanks. Embarrassed that am out of touch with systems these days. Being so busy last 3 years got me out of touch with football that have forgotten things. At least haven't when comes to watching players and still have notes for reference.

Looking at some posts on other sites if McCarthy is replaced just print Super Bowl tickets. As to Holmgren he came from a successful franchise and he had a track record. I don’t see that “resume” with any candidates being floated
Packinatl, I fully understand your concerns. I feel them too. This is an organization that sat there with 2 sure-fire HOF’ers at QB for 25 years and won only 2 SB’s, while NE won 5 with 1 great QB.

They watched TT do nothing and have disastrous picks (Thornton and Richard Rodgers in the 3rd round?? Was nobody else in the room watching what was going on???) along with either on-the-cheap FA’S or NO FA’s to supplement.

Or let him try for the better part of a decade to build a defense and couldn’t come close...while they, yet again, did nothing. Some of that no doubt was coaching but the GM needs to know that and take action.

Or watch the Seattle NFCC debacle where he coached not to lose (as usual) and let him and his staff stay, while McCarthy put it ALL on Bostick. List goes on and on.

So now, if they finally move on from this disastrous coaching staff, we have to rely on Gute to know what he wants and that he will have the brains, courage and tenacity to go out and get the right guy. That’s all we can do and it makes me nervous. I do NOT want to go back to the 70’s/80’s Packers!! This is a critical time for the Packers and their fans. Not sure if I trust the people in charge to get it right. Here’s hoping!...

So far, I like Gute. I think he at least tries and goes after it...so far. I certainly am glad it’s not Ted again! How on earth can you interview Sean Payton and decide instead to hire McCarthy??? FP(

Harbaugh is insane would that work in GB?
Actually, I am really warming up to this idea. I can’t imagine a young up and comer like McVey trying to corral AR. I think JH might be the guy that could pull it off. Will he be available? That’s the question.

Could GB bring in one of these excellent coordinators if they offered OC and Assistant HC as a promotion?

Actually, I am really warming up to this idea. I can’t imagine a young up and comer like McVey trying to corral AR. I think JH might be the guy that could pull it off. Will he be available? That’s the question.

Could GB bring in one of these excellent coordinators if they offered OC and Assistant HC as a promotion?
Yes he will be if you strike fast enough and yes he can get one of those OC.

The fact that the members who have contributed to his thread took the time to make these well though out remarks on this subject has had a major positive effect on me - thanks ! I've never liked McCarthy, and maybe its just me, but I don't think that a HC (or any coach) should have to struggle in order to put together a coherent sentence. Fingers crossed, and Go Pack !!

s-l300.jpg

Packinatl, I fully understand your concerns. I feel them too. This is an organization that sat there with 2 sure-fire HOF’ers at QB for 25 years and won only 2 SB’s, while NE won 5 with 1 great QB.

They watched TT do nothing and have disastrous picks (Thornton and Richard Rodgers in the 3rd round?? Was nobody else in the room watching what was going on???) along with either on-the-cheap FA’S or NO FA’s to supplement.

Or let him try for the better part of a decade to build a defense and couldn’t come close...while they, yet again, did nothing. Some of that no doubt was coaching but the GM needs to know that and take action.

Or watch the Seattle NFCC debacle where he coached not to lose (as usual) and let him and his staff stay, while McCarthy put it ALL on Bostick. List goes on and on.

So now, if they finally move on from this disastrous coaching staff, we have to rely on Gute to know what he wants and that he will have the brains, courage and tenacity to go out and get the right guy. That’s all we can do and it makes me nervous. I do NOT want to go back to the 70’s/80’s Packers!! This is a critical time for the Packers and their fans. Not sure if I trust the people in charge to get it right. Here’s hoping!...

So far, I like Gute. I think he at least tries and goes after it...so far. I certainly am glad it’s not Ted again! How on earth can you interview Sean Payton and decide instead to hire McCarthy??? FP(

Hiring MM instead of Sean Payton is classic TT.
He wanted someone he could control when it came to personnel decisions, and old milquetoast fulfilled his role.

Hiring MM instead of Sean Payton is classic TT.
He wanted someone he could control when it came to personnel decisions, and old milquetoast fulfilled his role.
And Peyton’s role in NOLA was not much different. And a few 7-9 seasons were not pretty for Payton. He was “asked” to make staff changes and a few drafts later things turned around.

Back