The SS McCarthy looks like it’s about to sink

I am still on the Matt Lafleur bandwagon however John Harbaugh could work well. With JH you keep the DC and hire a solid OC etc. Might just be a viable solution.

That actually seems like a realistic option considering the decision makers. Remains to be seen if John becomes available.

That actually seems like a realistic option considering the decision makers. Remains to be seen if John becomes available.
Harbaugh is insane would that work in GB?

Harbaugh is insane would that work in GB?
Your thinking Jim, John is anything but. He's a play ST and defense to perfection HC. He cut his teeth as a ST and DB coach. He delegates the play calling but dictates the situational stuff. Unlike fatty you know where you stand with John.

Almost forgot he comes with a ring already.

I am still on the Matt Lafleur bandwagon however John Harbaugh could work well. With JH you keep the DC and hire a solid OC etc. Might just be a viable solution.

Going the JH route might allow for the best overall continuity, all things considered.
Except, finding that “solid OC” might be the hardest pickle to preserve of the bunch.
Can’t hire away someone else’s OC. Lateral moves not allowed, plus teams will protect that asset.
If an OC is available and on the street, then there’s a reason, and that’s likely someone to steer clear of. The next best two options would be hiring a positional coach as your OC (like a Ben MacAdoo). Could be a lot of risk in that unless they were an OC in a previous stint with an NFL team.
The other option is to go the college route (either a HC or a hot OC), but that’s no guarantee what they’ve done in NCAA translates to NFL.
If they can find the right OC, this option makes the most sense to me.

Going the JH route might allow for the best overall continuity, all things considered.
Except, finding that “solid OC” might be the hardest pickle to preserve of the bunch.
Can’t hire away someone else’s OC. Lateral moves not allowed, plus teams will protect that asset.
If an OC is available and on the street, then there’s a reason, and that’s likely someone to steer clear of. The next best two options would be hiring a positional coach as your OC (like a Ben MacAdoo). Could be a lot of risk in that unless they were an OC in a previous stint with an NFL team.
The other option is to go the college route (either a HC or a hot OC), but that’s no guarantee what they’ve done in NCAA translates to NFL.
If they can find the right OC, this option makes the most sense to me.
No way I go college OC route. Now I’m wide open to a college HC

No way I go college OC route. Now I’m wide open to a college HC

With the plethera of spread offenses in college these days, can they make that work in the NFL?
Or would this likely be Steve Spurrier 2.0?

With the plethera of spread offenses in college these days, can they make that work in the NFL?
Or would this likely be Steve Spurrier 2.0?

And the NFL is showing more spread principles now so I think it works.

And the NFL is showing more spread principles now so I think it works.
Except Aaron Rodgers isn't a spread QB per say and he's going to be on the down side of 35 with a bum knee and two bad collar bone injuries. If your going for the 'offensive guru" approach just hire Matt Lafleur

Except Aaron Rodgers isn't a spread QB per say and he's going to be on the down side of 35 with a bum knee and two bad collar bone injuries. If your going for the 'offensive guru" approach just hire Matt Lafleur

Agree but I’m looking past the Rodgers era. I just skeptical of OC coming in and all of a sudden becoming a CEO, even DC’s. Yes McVey has had success but would he have the same success without Goff, Gurley and the WR corps? Some college guys are prepared to run a full program more so than an OC only having responsibilities for one side of the ball.

Back