The Hausers say "Thanks, but No Thanks".

I can fully confirm no one from the Hauser clan EVER gave UW an indication they were leaning that way. That's pure crap and might be why the BB program is having issues recruiting.
I cannot agree with this sorry,

Oh for goodness sake..... #1 The only folks who thought the Badgers had a shot were Badger fans, simply because the boys are from Point. # 2 Momma Hauser didn't like how her kids were treated by UW during initial recruiting and helped skirt them away from UW though it wasn't the only factor involved. This whole thing is being overblown.
UW never offered Sam and yes Mom was not happy about that. Gard offered Joey but it was at best a long shot

I cannot agree with this sorry,
Came straight from David Hauser. All Joey told them was he was strongly considering them. Sam never said one way or another. "Strongly consider" doesn't mean that you got the kid and whomever blabbed that to 24/7 screwed the pooch.

To all
For purpose of disclosure I was an asst coach on David Hausers BB staff back in the early 90's and know him and his wife fairly well. I am not saying that the kids are angels but the UW crowd needs to get over rejection from recruits already.

Came straight from David Hauser. All Joey told them was he was strongly considering them. Sam never said one way or another. "Strongly consider" doesn't mean that you got the kid and whomever blabbed that to 24/7 screwed the pooch.

To all
For purpose of disclosure I was an asst coach on David Hausers BB staff back in the early 90's and know him and his wife fairly well. I am not saying that the kids are angels but the UW crowd needs to get over rejection from recruits already.
I stand by what I was told by 3 people connected to the program.

Back