The Hausers say "Thanks, but No Thanks".

57packer

Reaction score
The word is that the Hausers have said no to the Badgers. Reports say they are splitting up. Sam to Virginia, Joey to MSU. Sam makes sense, Joey not so much. MSU is known for athletic hard-nosed defenders and Joey doesn't seem a fit, but who knows. I believe Izzo recruited him pretty hard so he must have seen it.

Gard and Co. will really need to hit the recruiting trail hard now because they are short on players. They only have 9 scholarship players for 2019-20. (I suppose they'll give Anderson a scholie for a year.) They have 9 scholarships available the next 2 years, even with the commits they already have. They are going to be super young in 2021-22.

Just saw the news on Howard Moore's wife and daughter. Makes this whole issue pretty unimportant right now.

My condolences and best wishes to Howard.

My condolences to the Moore family, and hope that Howard makes a full recovery. He has been an integral part of the Badgers family, and needs to be back with them.

As far as the Hausers, so be it. I wish them the best.

Couple of things. Bridge was burned a bit when Bo did not recruit Sam. Joey was recruited hard by Gard but he wanted to follow his brother. Other factor may have been the fact that Dick Bennett was far from happy with UW when Soderberg did not get the job. Bennett’s and Hauser are both from Point, again no love loss between Bennett’s and UW and that may have some lasting effect.

If some of the things coming out about this circus are true good lord.

Bennett’s and Hauser are both from Point, again no love loss between Bennett’s and UW and that may have some lasting effect.
That was not a factor. Can verify it had nothing to do with and in fact Dick Bennett was raised in Clintonville, Wisconsin, my stomping grounds in Waupaca county. He wasn't as big with the Point crowd as you might think.

That was not a factor. Can verify it had nothing to do with and in fact Dick Bennett was raised in Clintonville, Wisconsin, my stomping grounds in Waupaca county. He wasn't as big with the Point crowd as you might think.
Thanks for the clarification. Was just speculation on my past. The first part about bridges burned I will stand by. It’s a mess. Especially the recruitment of Sam

Ok here is the scoop. Hauser’s called Gard & verbally committed last week and then things went south. Per one person who is pretty well connected to the program “the decision ended up being out of their hands”. Per another person “Same s&$it that Izzo had to deal with when Sam was recruited “ Read into it as you must.

Last edited:
I grew up in Stevens Point, and was at UWSP while Dick was there (a few years before Terry Porter). The success that Dick had at UWSP - yes, he was a big deal in Point. And the Soderbergs were also well known in Point - Brad's father coached the basketball team at Pacelli, the catholic high school in town.

I grew up in Stevens Point, and was at UWSP while Dick was there (a few years before Terry Porter). The success that Dick had at UWSP - yes, he was a big deal in Point. And the Soderbergs were also well known in Point - Brad's father coached the basketball team at Pacelli, the catholic high school in town.
The question wasn't was he a big deal...it was "was it a factor" in their decision to transfer and where they went. No, it wasn't.

Back