Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your giving cash to a player who’s production is down and skill is diminishing yes or you have a know quantity (Favre > Rodgers) then I tend to agree, pass the keys over. But at this point 12 just had an MVP year, your heir apparent who you traded up for looks like he’s not ready it’s not a simple move.

I’ll say it again. The bigger error was the August restructure. This contract is far from optimal but the alternative was just as bad.
I think Packers worried and overpaid got to know when to walk away

I’ll say it again. This was a pick your poison deal. Pain now or pain later.
This was a idiot deal Packers FO panicked and paid instead of doing what was smart and move on rebuild

They worried because they had no alternative
Sure they did, that's an unfair premise on your part. You build a defense and run first team which has won more than its share of games in the NFL and more than a few SB. The base was there if you move on.

Also, you spent all summer saying Rodgers was retiring, now all of a sudden resigning him is a good deal? Come on man! You damn well know they overpaid and overplayed their hand.

The Packers FO is a bunch of Smoe's that very well may set the franchise back after this and Yes they might strike gold as well because even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back