Rodgers Wants Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
KegMan's point has merit. I think he's flicking it out there off that back foot to avoid any possibility of him getting hit. No matter how we slice and dice it, his value to himself is all that matters. He doesn't want to get hurt, and have any lingering problems that could cost him money down the road.

We've seen it with a lot of players that know they're leaving a team. They work hard, but protect themselves more than they would, if they believed they were sticking around.
I guess if you want to overact to one game (NOLA) but the guy just went 22-27 for 255 and 4TD's. I have said it before and I will say it again. 2020 might just be an outlier and if that what fans are expecting then fine but at his age thats not close to a given. I did not see much other than him missing a couple of deep balls he usually hits in his sleep on Monday, his mechanics were fine and he drilled that ball to Toynan

I guess if you want to overact to one game (NOLA) but the guy just went 22-27 for 255 and 4TD's. I have said it before and I will say it again. 2020 might just be an outlier and if that what fans are expecting then fine but at his age thats not close to a given. I did not see much other than him missing a couple of deep balls he usually hits in his sleep on Monday, his mechanics were fine and he drilled that ball to Toynan
I think you're trying to read something into it that's not there to be honest. I noticed it in both games myself. It's just a self-preservation move when you're being just a little more careful to insure you don't get injured. Nobody has said his game went to hell in a hand basket with him bailing on every throw. It's just an observation on something he's done that wasn't there in the past. In all honesty, I thought it was a wise decision on his part, with the speed of the pass rush against him on those plays.

As a coach, I told my QBs that when a play is busted, and you're being rushed, just dump the ball out and stay out of harm's way. Live to play another down.

I think you're trying to read something into it that's not there to be honest. I noticed it in both games myself. It's just a self-preservation move when you're being just a little more careful to insure you don't get injured. Nobody has said his game went to hell in a hand basket with him bailing on every throw. It's just an observation on something he's done that wasn't there in the past. In all honesty, I thought it was a wise decision on his part, with the speed of the pass rush against him on those plays.

As a coach, I told my QBs that when a play is busted, and you're being rushed, just dump the ball out and stay out of harm's way. Live to play another down.
I saw it vs NOLA but not Detroit. It's not new news that pressure rattles him, it's been there for years so to me it was not much new. If there is one thing I did notices is that he is not as accurate 20yds + as in previous years, might me arm, might be timing, the body just does not react or read as fast

Here’s the thing with Rodgers. He has a few million reasons to have a successful season. He’s in many ways playing for a contract extension past 2022 assuming he wants to continue to play. I’m not going to play Dr Phil and guess if he’s interested or not.

There is so much in play here. He’s been public he’s considered retirement. Hell this could be his last year and just walk and honestly that would not surprise me. He also could want a new organization, change of scenery to show he can play at a high level. Rodgers knows his body better than anyone. Maybe just maybe he knows it’s just not there anymore and it’s pure frustration. Won’t be the first athlete that’s happened to. It’s not easy for someone who has played at a high level to accept that it’s the end.

I’m just going to try and enjoy “The Last Dance”
I'm not really arguing with you. I'm trying to enjoy it as well.

Where we differ is I don't think Rodgers is engaged fully between the ears - which makes it hard to be engaged with his legs and arms. I think he believes he'll be able to sell himself as going through the motions this season.

I hope it works out well.

But, as for the Pack, an indifferent Rodgers is less a problem than our defense.

I'm not really arguing with you. I'm trying to enjoy it as well.

Where we differ is I don't think Rodgers is engaged fully between the ears - which makes it hard to be engaged with his legs and arms. I think he believes he'll be able to sell himself as going through the motions this season.

I hope it works out well.

But, as for the Pack, an indifferent Rodgers is less a problem than our defense.
I personally don’t think that’s his mindset. One thing about him he’s very cerebral. He’s also very competitive. That’s why maybe he can feel he’s not the same QB. Your body knows

I personally don’t think that’s his mindset. One thing about him he’s very cerebral. He’s also very competitive. That’s why maybe he can feel he’s not the same QB. Your body knows
Though he was claiming how he got so healthy and in best shape of his life in off-season. I just don't think the drive is there for at least this year. He knows he's gone after this year and I think he's partially checked out

Though he was claiming how he got so healthy and in best shape of his life in off-season. I just don't think the drive is there for at least this year. He knows he's gone after this year and I think he's partially checked out
It does not help him if that’s his mindset. Best shape does not always = best football shape and it’s not unusual at his age to lose arm strength. And also at some point the brain does not compute info as fast as it did even 2-3 years ago. I’ll say it again last year was or looks like an outlier and comp should be more 2019 / 2018.

It does not help him if that’s his mindset. Best shape does not always = best football shape and it’s not unusual at his age to lose arm strength. And also at some point the brain does not compute info as fast as it did even 2-3 years ago. I’ll say it again last year was or looks like an outlier and comp should be more 2019 / 2018.
I still think we will see Rodgers normal around 30 TDs 10 INTs enough it will likely get a 2nd maybe a 1st round pick back for him

I still think we will see Rodgers normal around 30 TDs 10 INTs enough it will likely get a 2nd maybe a 1st round pick back for him
Probably but as I’ve said before it would not shock me if he walked and is done.

Probably but as I’ve said before it would not shock me if he walked and is done.
I would be surprised I think he wants to stick it to GB and say look you did not want me I will go out show you what I can still do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back