Restricted Free Agency: How Much for Tonyan?

GB struggled for years with TE's, basically since Finley had to retire due to injury.
Tonyan has a good year, and we tend to look for negativity in his game.
I get it, he's only done it for one season. I'm on board with the line of thinking that he needs to prove it one more year.

But here's some stat info from 2020 that I found interesting.

Robert Tonyan:
59 targets/52 receptions (88.13% rate) zero drops btw.
33 first downs (63.46% of total receptions)

Davante Adams:
149 targets/115 receptions (77.2% rate)
73 first downs (63.47% of total receptions)

Serious questions. How much value is there in Tonyan knowing the system? Being comfortable with AR and AR having confidence in him? Is that easily replaced?

Serious questions. How much value is there in Tonyan knowing the system? Being comfortable with AR and AR having confidence in him? Is that easily replaced?
Short answer? Probably yes

Still say Tonyan gets a 1st or 2nd roun tender. He plays under it tries to have another 8-10 TD 500-700 yard season again. He does that and he could be the top TE in FA for 2022 when you have a increase in cap and more teams have room to spend.

Still say Tonyan gets a 1st or 2nd roun tender. He plays under it tries to have another 8-10 TD 500-700 yard season again. He does that and he could be the top TE in FA for 2022 when you have a increase in cap and more teams have room to spend.
That 2022 season will see some teams spend like drunken sailors on shore leave in the PI

Short answer? Probably yes
gotta say, i totally disagree. we've seen how long it takes before a wide receiver get comfortable in this system. and i don't believe it is that much easier for a tight end. i say short answer: no.

gotta say, i totally disagree. we've seen how long it takes before a wide receiver get comfortable in this system. and i don't believe it is that much easier for a tight end. i say short answer: no.
12 is only here for 1-2 years and a TE learning a route tree and route options is not near what you expect from a WR

I was always under the impression that tight end had the longer learning curve?
All the different kinds of blocking assignments added on to learning about being a more polished receivers (route tree, etc).
One minute you’re blocking in harmony with the OL, the next minute you’re lead blocking for a RB, and then you’re running a pass route against a LB or slot DB.
I’m not sure if that assumption is right or wrong, but it sounds more involved than just being a WR.

I was always under the impression that tight end had the longer learning curve?
All the different kinds of blocking assignments added on to learning about being a more polished receivers (route tree, etc).
One minute you’re blocking in harmony with the OL, the next minute you’re lead blocking for a RB, and then you’re running a pass route against a LB or slot DB.
I’m not sure if that assumption is right or wrong, but it sounds more involved than just being a WR.
Most WR in college run a remedial route tree if you even call if that. Majority don’t know how to read coverage especially combo coverage.

How many times did Toynan line up as a H Back as a lead? Not much if any. Best a LB in coverage great or sit in a zone. If not nearly as complex as a WR even considering blocking assignments which WR have also

Back