Restricted Free Agency: How Much for Tonyan?

Teams have until 4/23 to sign a tendered player to an offer sheet.

After that a tendered player can only sign with the team that has tendered them.

If anyone is going to tender Tonyan it will be just before the deadline so GB doesn’t have any time to do any cap gymnastics to match an offer.
If anyone signs him GB will gladly take the 2nd rounder and tip their cap to him as he walks out the door.

Teams have until 4/23 to sign a tendered player to an offer sheet.

After that a tendered player can only sign with the team that has tendered them.

If anyone is going to tender Tonyan it will be just before the deadline so GB doesn’t have any time to do any cap gymnastics to match an offer.
I think we are over valuing Tonyan still I don't think any team is giving up a 2nd round pick for him.

Think about this. Jared Cook is getting $6 mill this year. Jimmy Graham is getting $8 mill. As much as Gronkowski. We're arguing over whether or not Tonyan is worth nearly as much as Graham or Cook? I'd take Tonyan in a heartbeat. Putting a first round tender on him doesn't even get him into that league as far as pay.

Place the tender, then work out a longer term deal as the season progresses. We don't need to be looking at replacing him with someone off FA who isn't as good and gets paid more.

Take another look at what Cook and Graham are getting paid. It's pretty simple math. Both were failures in GB.

Since Tonyan has worked out with Kittle the last 2-3 yrs, my guess is he wants compensation “north” of what Graham and Cook (two very aged TE’s) are getting.
That Tonyan got bypassed for the Pro Bowl in favor of the NYG TE was a joke, and the rank/file of players know it.
Yes. It’s only a 1 year sample, but that’s not unusual circumstance for players to get paid handsomely. Many times it’s potential based rather than performance based.

Is Cook even with anyone? I know he got cut.

Since Tonyan has worked out with Kittle the last 2-3 yrs, my guess is he wants compensation “north” of what Graham and Cook (two very aged TE’s) are getting.
That Tonyan got bypassed for the Pro Bowl in favor of the NYG TE was a joke, and the rank/file of players know it.
Yes. It’s only a 1 year sample, but that’s not unusual circumstance for players to get paid handsomely. Many times it’s potential based rather than performance based.
Sure many players get paid after a 1 year sample but TE is not considered a “premium” position by many so most don’t.

We need that second round pick so we can trade up into the top 10 and draft Kwity Paye.

We need that second round pick so we can trade up into the top 10 and draft Kwity Paye.
Johnny Cash might have been a Boy Named Sue, but I’m glad I’m not named Kwity.
That’s just cold.

Back