Post Game: Vikings Defeat Packers 34-31

Biggest negative - I believe out of all the true Super Bowl contenders, the Pack is in the worst shape injury wise and it isn’t even close. Jenkins, Bahktiari, Alexander, Gary, Merciless, Z. Smith, Tonyan, Jones, Lazard, and Myers were all out by the end of that game.

That’s 8 preferred starters out and 5 of them are among the elite at their positions. 2010 was horrific injury wise, but because of the quality of the guys that are out, 2021 is worse. Losing Jenkins for the year is a blow for winning a Super Bowl if Bahktiari can’t get back to what he once was. And that’s if he even plays at all.

Giving up 34 points is NOT winning football.

I've been expecting this to happen for about 3 weeks now.
When guys like Galeai, Black, or Sullivan are playing, there is going to be a price to pay eventually, and the Vikings got theirs today.

With that said, it looked to me as if the defense still played with the same intensity that they have for the last 2 months. They just weren't very good, especially in the defensive backfield.

The OL has really regressed over the last few weeks, and it's having a direct affect on efficiency. Unfortunately, it's likely going to get worse before it gets better.

The fact we were still in it at the end is really amazing.

Biggest negative - I believe out of all the true Super Bowl contenders, the Pack is in the worst shape injury wise and it isn’t even close. Jenkins, Bahktiari, Alexander, Gary, Merciless, Z. Smith, Tonyan, Jones, Lazard, and Myers were all out by the end of that game.

That’s 8 preferred starters out and 5 of them are among the elite at their positions. 2010 was horrific injury wise, but because of the quality of the guys that are out, 2021 is worse. Losing Jenkins for the year is a blow for winning a Super Bowl if Bahktiari can’t get back to what he once was. And that’s if he even plays at all.
That's very sobering to see that written down. That places this season in context and makes this 8-3 very solid. Throw in the toe injury to AR and thus has been a season of devastating injuries.

General observations

• The secondary got exposed and without a rush its going to be attacked each week.
  • Yeah 12 has a bad toe but only 2-3 other guys can even make those throws healthy. The long term issue is that is the OL banged up he wont be able to create outside the pocket as efficiently.
  • The schedule plays out ok for the balance. LA / Balt will be difficult but rest is manageable
  • 8 flag for 92 yds wont cut it. Need to be more disciplined

Back