Post Game: Vikings Defeat Packers 34-31

I still think this brings to issue his longevity.
Moving him after 6/1/22 gains the Packers $14M in cap space.
Add that to the laundry list of other players that get jettisoned and it puts GB in a much more favorable cap situation in 22’ and beyond.
Again, just say’in
I get your point but whats the alternative? Starting in 22 your giving the keys to your 1st round pick you traded up for. Sure you have to clear space but i don’t think it’s a purge that won’t let you be competitive

I get your point but whats the alternative? Starting in 22 your giving the keys to your 1st round pick you traded up for. Sure you have to clear space but i don’t think it’s a purge that won’t let you be competitive
There will certainly be business decisions made next year but they ought not involve starting your young QB with Yosh Nijman at LT and [TBD] at RT.

Supposedly, Nijman has great feet. He has played pretty well.

I still think this brings to issue his longevity.
Moving him after 6/1/22 gains the Packers $14M in cap space.
Add that to the laundry list of other players that get jettisoned and it puts GB in a much more favorable cap situation in 22’ and beyond.
Again, just say’in
Thing is if he's damaged goods you can't cut him without a injury settlement. No team will take him on in trade if he's hurt and if he's still fine he's one of the best LT's in the game and will need him to help your run game which will take on a increased load next year and help protect a young learning QB.

Not sure the damaged goods angle is legit. A 2nd procedure happens on occasion.
My question is how will this affect his longevity. And that could be an issue.
His short term (next couple years) should not be a problem.

For a cap strapped team, moving him might make sense if they can get a Day 1 or early Day 2 pick for him.

Had some scar tissue I guess? Probably a good thing to sort it out now.
Very well could be rp. A meniscus issue would be seen on initial ACL surgery/scope or MRI. They would usually clean that up or repair at the same time. Not out of the ordinary to possibly have a meniscus issue post op but it could be a little arthrofibrosis. I just hope they fixed what's needed and he gets back to full speed ahead.

For a cap strapped team, moving him might make sense if they can get a Day 1 or early Day 2 pick for him.
Who you going to repalce him with? Just don't scrap this team and say forget it and trade all talent and become and 3 win team

and again whats the alternative? You have to protect Love, you have to run the ball. Yeah some business decisions have to happen but not at OL

Back