Post Game: Vikings Defeat Packers 34-31

Before any other comments, the most important thing wasn't the W or the L today, it is Elgton Jenkins' health. If he's done for the year and they don't get Bakh back healthy, they aren't going very deep in the playoffs. If Bakh comes back, they can be good enough on the OL, but without both of them they are cooked.

Positives

Rodgers looked his normal self

MVS on this tape will force DCs to put the safeties back more

Nijman held up at LT for the last couple of series.

Kenny Clark and Preston Smith were lights out.

AJ Dillon knows the blitz packages well enough to be a 3 down back.

Negatives

You have to consider moving on from Crosby at the bye week. I love the guy as an all-time Packer, but he's been a train wreck for multiple weeks now. If you have a veteran OL or DL guy that has a bad year and their play degrades, you can still get by with them because they will know their place. Not so with a FG kicker.

Guys either have a knack for catching the ball or they don't. Savage doesn't and never will. Woodson, Tramon, Butler, (and I hate to say it, but Sharper) did.

Amari Rodgers continues to be worthless as a returner. Not only does he offer no big play potential, but he constantly seems to blow field position by failing to make fairly routine fair catches. He also can't even get on the field as a receiver. St. Brown is ahead of him on the depth chart now. Maybe he turns it around next year, but he looks like he's headed in the colossal bust direction right now (a guy they trade up to get).

Not afraid of the Vikings. First half was all practice reps for our offense, since the QB only took 15 all week.

Both INTs called back? Come on man.

4 of the remaining 6 at home. Should get ZaDarius back in Dec, not to jinx.
ZaDarius isn't a lock at all to come back, I would be shocked if he did. Gary injury isn't anything you can fix fully without surgery so 1 armed man. Your playing with who we got Nerd, payback for two injury-free years.

Crosby's fine. He's just calibrating to both his new holder and new long snapper. Ball clanked the upright.

Aaron Rodgers 385 yards, 4TD's

Adams - 115 yards, 2 TD's

MVS - 123 yards, 1 TD

Preston Smith - 2 sacks, 3 QB hits

Savage thwarted on 2 INT's.

Last year's Packers killed by Dalvin Cook. This time it's Justin Jefférson

Elgton Jenkins done?

As for Crosby I think Mark has it pegged on the holder/snapper though the past two weeks he just looks off.

8-3 is still a nice position to be in. Everything left to accomplish is still out in front of them. The injuries and the recovery will be a big key in how this season ends. I hope Z and other can come back strong for the run. They still have to find ways to win through this adversity.

Kirk Cousins out playing Aaron Rodgers so far this year both have played 10 games

Cousins about 2800 yards 21 TDs 2 INTs

Rodgers about 2500 yards 21 TDs 4 INTs

Not afraid of the Vikings. First half was all practice reps for our offense, since the QB only took 15 all week.

Both INTs called back? Come on man.

Not sold on Smith returning this year at all. Back injuries are tricky

After keeping him away for a couple of years injury gremlin seems to have made its way back in town for the season.

My 2 cents and it's not worth that cause I only had game on in the background.

1) Our defense needs all it's pieces and we don't have enough depth to cover our current injuries. But, I think they're playing hard. I think they'll get better. I don't know if they'll get good enough.

2) I think offense went for too many homeruns today. But, they hit a lot of them. What do I know.

3) There is a big problem with field goals and extra points. The blocking looks horrible. There are a lot of opponents way to close to our kicker. Changing snappers baffled/baffles me. Kicking is about repetitive precision. I don't think we have it. And, it's probably affecting Crosby between the ears.

4) Think we got jobbed a bit by officials today. Unfortunately, that happens

Back