Post Game: Green Bay Beats Arizona 34-13

Josh Jacobs right now is averaging 77 yards a game. Over 17 games that would give him just over 1,300 yards on the season. That would be the most for a Packers RB since Ahman Green had almost 1,900 yards in 2003.

I like both of them in their own ways. I have to say, I really like Watson on this team. Just a great kid, glad he got a big play today, really has an impact on the way the D plays against GB.

Yep. I admit I was one of the ones wanting to trade him but Watson makes a difference for this team. He has tons of talent, he just needs to stay on the field.

Other thoughts:

Cooper needs to be on the field more, and he needs to play MLB. Walker is just too inconsistent reading and filling gaps. I don't think he's instinctive that way. Overall I think the D has statistically done pretty well against the run but I don't think they can afford to have gaping holes up the middle because Quay doesn't know where to go. Just play the talented, instinctive rookie and take whatever lumps come from developing him in real time.

Evan Williams has come on really well and I like Bullard around the line. That's a nice little S group we have going.

Nixon should be the full time punt return guy. If he's going to be useless on KOs, give him the chance to get the ball in his hands on punts. Frankly Reed is too important to the offense to be doing that anyway.

I'm not really sure what to say about the pass rush. That Eric Baranczyk guy said that he thinks the DE's are aligning in pretty tight, tighter than they were under Barry, in order to protect against the run and it's making them ultimately take harder routes to the QB - he thinks they should line up a little wider. I will say, when you look at the end zone angle of some of their rushes, Gary for example, he seems to be cutting outside first in order to try to fight back around to where the QB is - just giving himself a longer route to the QB. Doesn't seem to make sense. Any thoughts on this?

Josh Jacobs right now is averaging 77 yards a game. Over 17 games that would give him just over 1,300 yards on the season. That would be the most for a Packers RB since Ahman Green had almost 1,900 yards in 2003.
It's interesting because eyeball test, it feels like the offense still misses Aaron Jones. He had a knack for turning those creases into big plays up the middle, where I think Jacobs is a little less explosive. The flip side I think is that Jacobs seems to be getting more yards out of the plays where the creases aren't there. He's getting them into 2nd and 4-5-6 rather than 2nd and 8-9 more often than Jones did.

I really liked seeing Jordan check the ball down a lot yesterday, and I think this should help Jacobs more than anyone.

It's interesting because eyeball test, it feels like the offense still misses Aaron Jones. He had a knack for turning those creases into big plays up the middle, where I think Jacobs is a little less explosive. The flip side I think is that Jacobs seems to be getting more yards out of the plays where the creases aren't there. He's getting them into 2nd and 4-5-6 rather than 2nd and 8-9 more often than Jones did.

I really liked seeing Jordan check the ball down a lot yesterday, and I think this should help Jacobs more than anyone.
I haven’t look at the data in depth, but I feel as though Jones had more explosive plays between getting stuffed a lot at the line. He was more finesse runner.

Jacob’s gets yards every play and YAC but doesn’t have many of those explosive plays.

I haven’t look at the data in depth, but I feel as though Jones had more explosive plays between getting stuffed a lot at the line. He was more finesse runner.

Jacob’s gets yards every play and YAC but doesn’t have many of those explosive plays.
His job out there is to get the tough yards between the tackles, and that's what shortens second down to a two play manageable distance. It keeps defenses occupied as well, because they know if he gets a crease, he's going to gouge them for chain moving distances up the gut. That was exactly why they chose him as their RB.

His job out there is to get the tough yards between the tackles, and that's what shortens second down to a two play manageable distance. It keeps defenses occupied as well, because they know if he gets a crease, he's going to gouge them for chain moving distances up the gut. That was exactly why they chose him as their RB.
he's thunder and wilson is lightning.

I'm not really sure what to say about the pass rush. That Eric Baranczyk guy said that he thinks the DE's are aligning in pretty tight, tighter than they were under Barry, in order to protect against the run and it's making them ultimately take harder routes to the QB - he thinks they should line up a little wider. I will say, when you look at the end zone angle of some of their rushes, Gary for example, he seems to be cutting outside first in order to try to fight back around to where the QB is - just giving himself a longer route to the QB. Doesn't seem to make sense. Any thoughts on this?
First off Baranczyk tends to speak out of his butt on such things, he's not wrong however GB isn't playing a 4-3 with an Elephant end.... the man flat-out told everyone that way back, schematically he is playing true to his base.( Over) Nothing wrong with that.

I can't say this enough: He took 3-4/3-3 players and shoved them into 43 Over look... but he's playing a ton of 4-2-5. Could he gamble more? Yeah, but he's getting stops when he needs to and creating more turnovers than any Packers D in about 10 years.

I say leave the man alone and let him cook.

Back