Post Game Bucs Defeat Packers 31-26

It's been almost a day. My thoughts.

• Once again it appeared that the other team wanted it more at least when it started.
  • Our offense had plenty of opportunities to win this game:
    • Not scoring a touchdown and settling for our first fieldgoal. Rogers and Adams did not connect on the first down back shoulder. They do 95% of the time. It didn't work. But, then Rodgers zoomed in on only Adams for the next two plays. I believe others were open.
    • Two interceptions and two straight three and outs.
  • At the end of the half. Rodgers throws the interception. Should it have been pass interference? Could have been called. But it wasn't. We missed an interception that gave Brady one more chance. The whole damn series I was thinking Giants Hail Mary at the end of the half when they beat our 15-1 team.
  • Was the Defense good? No.
    • It was exactly what we thought. But it did give our offense plenty of opportunities to win this game. Had our offense performed - mainly our leader to what we're used to we win yesterday and probably by several touchdowns.
    • And, if we're concentrating on pass defense and coverage, how are our opponents wide open and frequently behind our coverage guys? Still look above.
  • I think we kept trying long developing plays against a fast offense. People will disagree with me, but the 4 yard pass plays were there. 3 of those move chains, tire a defense, and set up the big plays.
  • I was in favor of the field goal at the end. It didn't work. It was pass interference. And, it was more egregious pass interference than what wasn't called. It sucks being called at that time. But, it was pass interference. They showed a picture where that jersey was stretched a long way.
  • Simply, when it was needed they made plays when it was necessary.
  • Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in again. I will try hard not to let that happen.
  • I think our big run towards the Superbowl is over. hope it's not.

You don't win SBs playing the safe percentages. At this point in the year you win by taking chances.
I would agree with this. You have to be careful with using statistics. There are variables that impact stats. The 10% vs. 10% argument for why they took the FG is using a whole population average. It doesn't take into account that you're taking the ball away from Aaron Rodgers and giving it to Tom Brady, for example!

Also, I don't see anyone saying the FG decision was the big reason for the loss. As we've all said, this game had a number of brain farts causing the the better team to lose against the team that executed better.

Nice sound bite by Favre btw. Rodgers (who is very competitive) may want to stay away from the mic until he gets further through his grieving process, at least through the denial and anger stages.

Had our offense performed - mainly our leader to what we're used to we win yesterday and probably by several touchdowns.
this is the only part of your post that i take a little bit of exception to. rodgers played a damn good game. much better than brady. this loss is squarely on the defense for letting the score get lopsided early. and maybe you can even get more fine-grained than "the defense". two big td passes given up by king. one of them he completely mistimes his leap (bad enough that he almost had time to take another leap), and the other he just inexplicably lets his man run right past him. if the defense played the first half like they played in the second half, the entire flow of the game changes.

rodgers didn't play a perfect game. but he played well enough that we should have won. since before the season began, most of us have been well aware that we do not have a true #2 receiver. that's a weakness that could have and should have been addressed in the offseason. it wasn't. so rodgers had to make do with the guys he had, and he had one of the his best seasons ever. i don't think it is fair at the very end of the season to say he wasn't good enough. because he was good enough. but the defense was not. and his late-round/udfa receivers were not.

edit: yes i know that i have just opened myself up to being called a rodgers apologist.

Last edited:
It's been almost a day. My thoughts.

• Once again it appeared that the other team wanted it more at least when it started.
  • Our offense had plenty of opportunities to win this game:
    • Not scoring a touchdown and settling for our first fieldgoal. Rogers and Adams did not connect on the first down back shoulder. They do 95% of the time. It didn't work. But, then Rodgers zoomed in on only Adams for the next two plays. I believe others were open.
    • Two interceptions and two straight three and outs.
  • At the end of the half. Rodgers throws the interception. Should it have been pass interference? Could have been called. But it wasn't. We missed an interception that gave Brady one more chance. The whole damn series I was thinking Giants Hail Mary at the end of the half when they beat our 15-1 team.
  • Was the Defense good? No.
    • It was exactly what we thought. But it did give our offense plenty of opportunities to win this game. Had our offense performed - mainly our leader to what we're used to we win yesterday and probably by several touchdowns.
    • And, if we're concentrating on pass defense and coverage, how are our opponents wide open and frequently behind our coverage guys? Still look above.
  • I think we kept trying long developing plays against a fast offense. People will disagree with me, but the 4 yard pass plays were there. 3 of those move chains, tire a defense, and set up the big plays.
  • I was in favor of the field goal at the end. It didn't work. It was pass interference. And, it was more egregious pass interference than what wasn't called. It sucks being called at that time. But, it was pass interference. They showed a picture where that jersey was stretched a long way.
  • Simply, when it was needed they made plays when it was necessary.
  • Just when I thought I was out, they dragged me back in again. I will try hard not to let that happen.
  • I think our big run towards the Superbowl is over. hope it's not.

Amen. Everything else can be debated, but from a personal standpoint, this is what hurts most.

The best part of yesterday, post game, was Mark saving me from myself. I apologize to all. I was heated after the game and that's odd for me at my age. I just felt like this was the best chance in a long time for this team to be in another Super Bowl.
Nothing that happens in any of these games is worth getting worked up about like that. I tell each of you to step back because I get it( very emotional) but I also give a crap about each of you.... your brother and sisters through a mutual bond here and just stepping away for 45 minutes can really help your perspective.

This hurts but at the end of the day, Green bay will be back in camp before you know it, and God willing we have Covid under the gun and it's a more normal year. FCC(

this is the only part of your post that i take a little bit of exception to. rodgers played a damn good game. much better than brady. this loss is squarely on the defense for letting the score get lopsided early. and maybe you can even get more fine-grained that "the defense". two big td passes given up by king. one of them he completely mistimes his leap (bad enough that he almost had time to take another leap), and the other he just inexplicably lets his man run right past him. if the defense played the first half like they played in the second half, the entire flow of the game changes.

rodgers didn't play a perfect game. but he played well enough that we should have won. since before the season began, most of us have been well aware that we do not have a true #2 receiver. that's a weakness that could have and should have been addressed in the offseason. it wasn't. so rodgers had to make do with the guys he had, and he had one of the his best seasons ever. i don't think it is fair at the very end of the season to say he wasn't good enough. because he was good enough. but the defense was not. and his late-round/udfa receivers were not.

edit: yes i know that i have just opened myself up to being called a rodgers apologist.

I completely understand your rebuttal, and you're not a Rodgers apologist. He was good; maybe great. But, when he had the chance to he didn't get it done. We are a one trick pony, and our pony just wasn't able to pull off enough tricks yesterday. We needed phenomenal and got very good. Still can't believe he didn't scamper in for that touchdown.

I've seen him do it a bit. I think he does it differently - like getting a player who made a mistake back involved quickly. It's a different style.

However, I agree when the S_ _ _ hits the fan, it would be nice to see our leader rally the troops.

I've seen him do it a bit. I think he does it differently - like getting a player who made a mistake back involved quickly. It's a different style.
me too. and honestly, we don't see 99% of what goes on along the sideline or in the locker room. we only see what is fed to us by the networks. but it seems like just recently we saw an interview with allen lazard talking about how rodgers is a leader. i seem to recall another one with tonyan.

again, i'm not saying rodgers is perfect. nobody is perfect - especially in the world of professional team sports.

Back