Post Game Bucs Defeat Packers 31-26

While the refs were no help crappy defense and the inablity by the offense to score points on turnovers is what killed GB. Though hard to get seperation when the DB"s are holding every play.

Plenty of D gaffes to start, then 3 INTs but only 7 pts off of the turnovers. Two of them followed by GB three and outs. Rodgers not running for the TD on 3rd and goal, and then kicking the FG on 4th instead of going for it. Losing Bakh really bit them against that front, can’t cover that hole forever.

Lots of questions for the org all around. Lots of plays left on the table. Lots of turnover upcoming. Such a shame, this may be the worst NFCC loss yet, worse than the Giants in 2007.

Thing is because Packers got this far again Pettine will be given a pass again and be brought back for another year. Only way to change the defense is not to make the playoffs then can demand Pettine be the sacrifial lamb.

Aaron was OK today but not right on top of his game, not seeing several open options on plays that could have changed the game.

OL was handled by Tampa's defense . . . again.

Special teams was anything but special. Lots of yards and field position given up again.

Running game was just OK but clearly not good enough to allow the Packers the sorts of opportunities they did last week.

I didn't think ML had his best day either. Poor time management at the end of the first half. Questionable play calling and decisions in the red zone.

Kevin King just needs to go away, and take Mike Pettine with him. That play at the end of the first half was inexcusable. Cornerback just end up at or near the top of my "needs" list for the off-season.

Bottom line. You can't get to a Super Bowl playing "OK" or subpar football in so many areas.

Look on the bright side. I don't need to waste time watching the DVR. But, these really bug me. I was all set to call it a day early on, but they usually have to instill a little hope again before flaming out.

Aaron was OK today but not right on top of his game, not seeing several open options on plays that could have changed the game.

OL was handled by Tampa's defense . . . again.

Special teams was anything but special. Lots of yards and field position given up again.

Running game was just OK but clearly not good enough to allow the Packers the sorts of opportunities they did last week.

I didn't think ML had his best day either. Poor time management at the end of the first half. Questionable play calling and decisions in the red zone.

Kevin King just needs to go away, and take Mike Pettine with him. That play at the end of the first half was inexcusable. Cornerback just end up at or near the top of my "needs" list for the off-season.

Bottom line. You can't get to a Super Bowl playing "OK" or subpar football in so many areas.

Pretty much like every year since...?

I said it before the year started, and will say it again. The Packers can't win scoring less than 31 points. I can't say Pettine's defense was terrible, but I can say that it isn't good enough to hold good offenses under 30 points.

Back