Post Game Bucs Defeat Packers 31-26

Franchises win and lose games based on the ability of key players. Franchises win and lose championships based on how well those in the front office and on the sidelines, find, and develop the supporting cast.

If the sideline personnel have done a good job, then the issue lies with the front office, who fails to find the people needed to make championships happen. In the case of the Packers, I still believe the weakest link is Pettine.
While Pettine is part of the issue, bringing in a new DC does not solve the problem. All you needed to do was compare the talent level on defense between Tampa and Green Bay
  • David and White have the ability to run sideline to sideline and shut off any cut lanes. Is there any player on GB who can do that
  • Murphy-Bunting and Davis both were able to play press coverage and disrupt routes and close. Alexander is the only guy on the roster who can do that. A good OC can exploit as TB did against King and Sullivan
  • The Tampa secondary allowed Bowles to blitz because he knew he had help on the back end. Pettine does not have that luxury
  • Vea was eating up double teams allowing JPP & Barrett to run free to Rodgers. While Clark is really good he’s just not as dominant
  • Whitehead flies to the ball and even though Winfield was not playing the help coverage on Adams was very good. Could Amos and / or Savage do that? Maybe but questionable
The defense, as bad as it was picked off Brady 3x and twice in the 2nd half and those 2 picks got us 2 , 3 and outs. I get the scheme is poor but when you look at the talent level I’m not shocked at the results either

To me game was decided during 3 minutes of play maybe less. You had TD at end of half buy awful coverage by King. Then start the 2nd half Jones fumbles right away and next play TB scores a TD. That's a 14 point swing that should have never happened.

To me game was decided during 3 minutes of play maybe less. You had TD at end of half buy awful coverage by King. Then start the 2nd half Jones fumbles right away and next play TB scores a TD. That's a 14 point swing that should have never happened.
While true, it does not excuse not getting anything off 2 INT that could have turned the game. Get 7 off either INT it changes how you play the last 10 minutes

Wasn’t just the TD, it was Redmond dropping a wounded duck INT which would’ve given us the ball at the end of the half. Chance for a double up since we received to start the second.

Lots of bungling, missed opportunities all around on all sides of the ball. I just hate that the take away from this is “poor Aaron Rodgers and his wasted career”.

Four plays lost this game for us:

1) Kevin King getting burned on the first series for a 40 yard TD- 3rd and 7
2) Savage mistiming the ball to TB WR for 40 or 50 yards down the middle (this led to a TD)- 3rd and 9
3) End of the first half with 8 seconds left playing man to man instead of outside zone and King getting beat again over the top for a TD
4) Jones fumble that was returned the 5 yard line which led to a TD

That is essentially 28 points in 4 plays. Your defense cannot give up 7-8 3rd down conversions in the first half and expect to win. Of course there were other things like coaching decisions, play calling, o-line play, and Pettine being a moron.

Last thing I will say: I am not a conspiracy theorist; however, do you realize that TB was the 2nd most penalized team in the league this year? Week 6 against us they had 0 penalties called against them and Sunday they had 2 penalties called against them. We all know there was holding all over the field. You cannot tell me the NFL and everyone did not know that letting the teams play and not calling really anything would not favor TB's defensive style of play. I am not saying that is the reason we lost but something is rotten in Denmark.

2) Savage mistiming the ball to TB WR for 40 or 50 yards down the middle (this led to a TD)- 3rd and 9
3) End of the first half with 8 seconds left playing man to man instead of outside zone and King getting beat again over the top for a TD

That is essentially 28 points in 4 plays. Your defense cannot give up 7-8 3rd down conversions in the first half and expect to win. Of course there were other things like coaching decisions, play calling, o-line play, and Pettine being a moron.

Last thing I will say: I am not a conspiracy theorist; however, do you realize that TB was the 2nd most penalized team in the league this year? Week 6 against us they had 0 penalties called against them and Sunday they had 2 penalties called against them. We all know there was holding all over the field. You cannot tell me the NFL and everyone did not know that letting the teams play and not calling really anything would not favor TB's defensive style of play. I am not saying that is the reason we lost but something is rotten in Denmark.
Refs have always had and always will have a TB lean. It's like the are scared TB will kill their dogs if they don't give his team calls. LOL

Refs have always had and always will have a TB lean. It's like the are scared TB will kill their dogs if they don't give his team calls. LOL
The entire game did not have flags for the most part. Next find me the grassy knoll gunman

Honestly one of the biggest plays was the screen to Gronk. It was 2nd and 11 and GB was playing good defense and a 5 point game. Screen gets 29 and a FG to make it a 8 point game. Big swing

Back