Packers Offense, What Really Needs To Change And Improve

I get thaut we had a lot of injuries. What bothered me most was the quality depth...OL was not there.

As far as the scheme goes, I agree that the scheme would not have helped the injuries to the OL but there were so many complaints about Janis running wrong routes or limited routes I just think that it might have helped to play to the players' strengths.

When MM first started there was a lot of talk about his innovative play calling and the design of the schemes. It seems to me that nothing has changed much. There were times when I knew what MM was going to call...or at least what Clements was going to call and if I knew with so little football knowledge you can bet that the defenses sure did.

I guess all I am saying is that I hope he comes up with some different stuff. And before anyone says it, yes I know the offense was limited with the available personnel. Hopefully moving forward they will design things differently. Don't have any thoughts on what that might be.

Any yet since 2007 this has been a top 10 offense in this league except for last year and one other. 5 times top 6. Guess that's not acceptable

So being (mostly) in the top 1/3 with #12 is something to brag about? What's not acceptable to some is the team's performance since 2010, not the offensive rating. What bothered her most is OLine depth - what's your take there?

So being (mostly) in the top 1/3 with #12 is something to brag about? What's not acceptable to some is the team's performance since 2010, not the offensive rating. What bothered her most is OLine depth - what's your take there?
OL line depth and lack of a running game pre Lacy. Does McCarthy call plays. But if your going to bitch about play calling how many times does 12 check out of a play? And yes it's something to hang your hat on. Game planning and scheme are as big a part of offensive success. This team sans the last 2-3 years was very one dementional is that McCarthy fault? Hell this team was a top 10 offense playing a good portion. Of the season with Seneca Wallace Flynn and Tolzein. Not a HOF list.

No coaching could have fixed the OL issues. And that's where the problems started. Very few teams can click and not lose a step losing their #1 and #3 wr. And their top rookie wr.
You adapt your offense not continue to run the same darn thing by formation regardless. EXAMPLE > Don't leave your LT without help vs a top DE... you give him help that is a coaching adjustment that his majesty didn't make. So yes some coaching in a few games would have helped.

You adapt your offense not continue to run the same darn thing by formation regardless. EXAMPLE > Don't leave your LT without help vs a top DE... you give him help that is a coaching adjustment that his majesty didn't make. So yes some coaching in a few games would have helped.
Every coach in the NFL gets ourcoached during their career. Case in point AFCCG. Carroll in Super Bowl yes Holmgren you can nitpick any game and debate calls formation and scheme. Is McCarthy perfect no.

Hard to argue with hyperbole and absolutes. Is McCarthy perfect - no. Big revelation, along with the fact that nobody said he's expected to be such. You were only a couple of posts beyond CaptainD's nice example of some of the things even casual fans saw as poor coaching. Certainly not nitpicking, IMO.

Hard to argue with hyperbole and absolutes. Is McCarthy perfect - no. Big revelation, along with the fact that nobody said he's expected to be such. You were only a couple of posts beyond CaptainD's nice example of some of the things even casual fans saw as poor coaching. Certainly not nitpicking, IMO.

The way some posters act it's like 16-0. A Lombardi and the #1 offense needs to happen or fire McCarthy. Again this was a top 5 -10 offense with Seneca Wallace Tolzein and Flynn taking snaps. Let that sink in for a moment.

Any yet since 2007 this has been a top 10 offense in this league except for last year and one other. 5 times top 6. Guess that's not acceptable
No. That's not what I said.

I said that I wish he would change things up more when they are coming up with the schemes for the offense.

Back