Packers Defeat Texans 24-22

CJ Stroud barely avoid setting a record. The record for fewest yards with at least 20 attempts was 83 yards set by Charlie Frye with Seattle against the Packers in 2008. Stroud had 86 yards today.

Yet GB still needed a last second field goal to win.
Too many dumb mistakes out there. Penalties that should never have happened, and even bad decisions by Love in the passing game. Fortunately there were a few players out there who were able to overcome the mistakes, and make big and consistent plays. They bailed them out. As for McManus, it was redemption, in a way. It seemed to mean an awful lot to him, prompting him to make his first Lambeau leap. I have a hunch he's one happy Packer at this point.

The thing about all of it is that somehow, because of some amazingly good play by the defense, the Packers were able to overcome a -3 result in turnovers for the game. That's a lot of self-imposed damage to overcome. The defensive secondary and front 7 had excellent games.

Gary was in the backfield constantly, creating problems. Wilson is earning more playing time. Williams? What can you say except, "Wow! I never expected this much, so soon!" McKinney was directing traffic, and if Jaire would just shut his mouth, and play football like he showed he can, it would make me happy.

On offense. Jacobs kept getting yardage. Averaged over 6 yards a pop. They couldn't play pass on defense without him carving them up. If anyone questions Doubs ability, and why he's our chain mover, they really need to revisit what they're seeing on the field. This guy makes some acrobatic catches, and his TD was the stuff of ballerinas. It was a pirouette, into the end zone. Plus, those chain movers that were tough catches as well. Love? Mixed game. Some really good decisions and precision passing at times. The times he got into trouble was when he was throwing from an awkward position into traffic, and that rarely ends right. It didn't either. Rule #1 for a QB. Never, never, never, throw the ball while falling back onto your plant foot, when you need to put mustard on it to thread a needle. It's going to end up a toss ripe for plucking by the defense, and it did. The second INT? Tipped passes. They can be killers. That's why teams work on tipping drills from both sides of the ball. They also suggest that players should run the right route so they don't end up with two guys in the same place, and a swarm of defenders in the process. Oops?!!

McManus. Ice water in his veins, and a Lambeau leap the first game he played as a Packer. I think we can take a deep breath now, and have more hope for the rest of this season.

Sounds like he is wanting to be like Brett Favre and be a gambler who takes risk and will pay for them when they don't pan out.
I don’t think it’s that deep, it’s his football philosophy - you play a good team you have to go make winning plays. His issue is often just execution rather than decision making. That ball over the middle to Watson was sailed, if he drives it in there it’s a catch.

Also shout out to myself and the other packer fans at the game today they did as asked there was a TON of white in the stands. Also Houston fan base sucks ass. I never saw such a small fanbase attend a game as I did today's game.
White dress code aside, I thought the crowd was great today. Lot of people standing, very vocal. There were a decent amount of Texans fans there, you just didn’t notice them because they were all polite lol

Texans, and Texan fans are mostly polite. It's the Cowboys fans who sometimes border on obnoxious. I wear a Packer shirt around town and the Texan fans say; "Cool!" The Cowboys fans say; "What the hell you doing here Yank? I don't see your U-Haul!"

It's not bad though. I've seen worse in Chicago, and the Twin Cities.

Texans, and Texan fans are mostly polite. It's the Cowboys fans who sometimes border on obnoxious. I wear a Packer shirt around town and the Texan fans say; "Cool!" The Cowboys fans say; "What the hell you doing here Yank? I don't see your U-Haul!"

It's not bad though. I've seen worse in Chicago, and the Twin Cities.
I have said before will say again in all my years of going to Packer games and seeing other teams fans come in the Cowboy fans are by far the worse. They are always getting drunk and swearing at other people not caring if there are little kids around. Also trying to pick fights with other people. One time after a game I just said good game to a Cowboys fan and he said you want to fight I will knife you.

I have said before will say again in all my years of going to Packer games and seeing other teams fans come in the Cowboy fans are by far the worse. They are always getting drunk and swearing at other people not caring if there are little kids around. Also trying to pick fights with other people. One time after a game I just said good game to a Cowboys fan and he said you want to fight I will knife you.
Sounds about right. Chances are he was lying about the knife. But, safety says, don't risk it unless you've got a gun. Guns do trump knives. I made that clear a couple of times as a cop, and the guys with the knives ended up agreeing with me. Especially when I pulled the hammer back on my .357, and told them I had a hair trigger on the damned gun so don't do anything stupid.

Back