Packers Defeat Texans 24-22

Crazy thing is he had a better punting game vs MN when he had 3 punts and average 60 yards a kick with a long of 74. Today he average 57 with a long of 66. Whelan has a very strong leg and GB will need to keep him as their punter.

Crazy thing is he had a better punting game vs MN when he had 3 punts and average 60 yards a kick with a long of 74. Today he average 57 with a long of 66. Whelan has a very strong leg and GB will need to keep him as their punter.
but then why isn't that the second-best single-game average in team history, i wonder?

What a fantastic win. The Packers were the better team for most of the game with only silly turnovers keeping the Texans in the game and giving them a chance to win.

My keys to the season:

Kicking game: Finally a clean, drama free day. Hopefully McManus can keep it going. (On a related note, Anders Carlson kicked today for the 49ers and made his two field goals, including a 50+ yarder. Of course he then missed an extra point, which pretty much sums up his career to date. Strong leg but way too inconsistent. )

Run defense: Not exactly a winning performance by itself, but when you hold Stroud to under 100 yds passing it's clear you were doing something right on defense.

Inexperience at QB: Boy this nearly bit them in the butt today. There were a number of ill-advised throws by JLove, resulting in a couple of picks that kept the Texans in the game. I'd like to see him just a little more careful with some of those 50-50 balls.

Other observations: Man, did Eric Wilson have a day in Walker's absence. Where did that come from? Also, they suddenly found a way to get pressure on the QB, something that's been lacking for much of the season. Can fans agree that it's time to be on the lookout for a special teams coach after the season? ST's were putrid again today other than the punter and kicker (for a change).

Back