Packers 2024-25 Season Thread

The city charges a tax on each ticket in addition to the rent the team pays. The half percent tax was extend for a number of years to build up a maint fund to fix anything inside the stadium. So really outside of having to pay for the police on game days the city really has nothing to pay for in supporting the team. The city has been making money hand over fist with new buildings being built increasing the property tax and lots of people coming into the city because of the team making the city/county money on sales taxes.
Police on game day isn't the only expenses. Even the police protection needed is for the entire operation, 24/7/365. But there's other expenses as well. That's just a piece of it.

not talking about selling that's correct however the charter has the language to fold the franchise outright..it will never sell or move out of the GB area.
Exactly. But to do it, the Board would have to approve it. It could never happen. The board consists of a majority of people who are rooted into the Green Bay area and would immediately call for the resignations or recall of any Executive Board members who were in favor of disbanding.

The chances of it ever happening is near to impossible.

Packers will need a new stadium eventually for sure. But they won’t move after investing as much as they have into the TT district.

I believe the Packers could buy land in Central WI or around the Ashwabenon - Green Bay area and build Packerland without violating the agreement with the American Legion - VFW of Ashwebenon and probably with their approval. Then the Packers would own the land and not be renters. Could build whatever they want at Packerland and not make a profit off of all of it without the bother of the City of Green Bay. As far as Police at the game, Packerland could probably hire its own force pretty easily from around the area. If the Pack went out and purchased Packerland now, it would change Green Bay's tune butt quick.

Yes, there's lots of greed out there. But I read what I think RP posted and then went down the rabbit hole. In my opinion, the City of Green Bay is running too much of the 'Those Rich Bastards Aren't Paying And Owe Us' BS speel.

Packers are plenty greedy too. They aren’t some sally sweet org.
they don't have a greedy owner who is out to gouge everyone for free stuff. they make a profit, yes. but it isn't anything like other teams. there are only a few other teams that have lower ticket and concession prices, and those are teams that can't fill their stadiums. they pretty much max out their salary cap every year, so they aren't cheating their players. and the city doesn't spend a dime on maintenance or improvements, so how does one justify charging more?

Hearing was scheudled for today to hear about moving the Packers heritage trail so the city could build luxury apts on the site but hearing has been moved after the city requested a new judge. No reason has to be stated and none was given. But the judge who was to hear the case his father played on the Packers in the 20s-30s and he sat on the BOD for about a decade so not shocked that the city asked for a new judge thinking the one that was to hear the case could have had a conflict of interest.

I'm just going to make a guess here, but if the Packers do end up with a new stadium, I have it will be right where Lambeau Field is today. There is too much of an investment in the projects around the stadium to remove it from that location.

Also, there' a nostalgia there, because the field itself would remain the same, just that which is around it would change.

So, what would they do? My opinion is that for a year, possibly two, they move their operations for games to Madison, and play at Camp Randall, while the new digs springs up on the site of Lambeau Field. This would make everyone happy.

But, rest assured, if you move the team from what is now considered "hallow grounds" by the majority of Packer fans, you're going to lose some, and anger almost all of them. That would include me, and I go back as far as sitting on wooden seats in old City Stadium, where Green Bay East plays.

Let's face it. John Madden was instrumental in creating the mystique of Lambeau Field, and the Packers. He's not here any longer, and there will never be anyone else like him, who could sway so much public interest. He was a special guy.

I'm just going to make a guess here, but if the Packers do end up with a new stadium, I have it will be right where Lambeau Field is today. There is too much of an investment in the projects around the stadium to remove it from that location.

Also, there' a nostalgia there, because the field itself would remain the same, just that which is around it would change.

So, what would they do? My opinion is that for a year, possibly two, they move their operations for games to Madison, and play at Camp Randall, while the new digs springs up on the site of Lambeau Field. This would make everyone happy.

But, rest assured, if you move the team from what is now considered "hallow grounds" by the majority of Packer fans, you're going to lose some, and anger almost all of them. That would include me, and I go back as far as sitting on wooden seats in old City Stadium, where Green Bay East plays.

Let's face it. John Madden was instrumental in creating the mystique of Lambeau Field, and the Packers. He's not here any longer, and there will never be anyone else like him, who could sway so much public interest. He was a special guy.
100% TW as has been talked that the Packers have to much money put into the title town district to walk away. It would be built right next to Lambeau. The fight would be how much public money would be put into a project like this. If 10-20 years from now even a open air stadium you are probably looking at a 3+ billion dollar stadium. I could see no way the Packers could be like Jerry Jones or the Rams owner and be able to afford to finiance the whole project themseleves. Even if they could we see it's super rare that they do that in this day and age. Only reason it was done by those two was they owned the land around it and was valuable enough they could make money developing it. The land around Lambeau they own is not worth that much to develop and make money so the Packers for sure would be asking for at least 50% if not more in public money to build a new stadium. The renovation of Lambeau which cost something around $200 million in public money barely passed with like 51% of the vote. If the team goes asking for over $1 billion in public money that could be a thing that might be a fight to get passed with any local and state officials.

Hearing was scheudled for today to hear about moving the Packers heritage trail so the city could build luxury apts on the site but hearing has been moved after the city requested a new judge. No reason has to be stated and none was given. But the judge who was to hear the case his father played on the Packers in the 20s-30s and he sat on the BOD for about a decade so not shocked that the city asked for a new judge thinking the one that was to hear the case could have had a conflict of interest.
I think the city should leave that area alone. It’s a nice open space in the middle of downtown. Putting a big building there would not help. Would also make Art Street a little tougher

Back